1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

So some kids at school got caught with pot...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by LLXerxes, May 3, 2007.

1. GinandTonic

GinandTonic Saphire w/ Schweps + Lime

Sex, drugs and booze happen. No call to be shocked, no call to be impressed either. In general nothing too bad comes of it, but there is a risk in such activities. These things become more an more common as life goes on, but whatever you do, think before you do it.

2. LLXerxes

LLXerxes Space Travel is Boring

The whole situation seems to be a thousand times worse now.

It turns out more than two people were suspended. Many names were thrown around, I would guess there were 14 kids expelled for this whole thing. But here's the kicker: most weren't busted for drugs, it was because they had knives on school property.

Many of them had brought in knives because they intended on stabbing another kid. You hear a lot in the news about how "thugs" and "gangsters" and "abused kids" plan to do these things, but these were average kids you would never have picked out of a crowd that had the potential to kill another person. Now, this person was an ******* (he's not exactly a bully, but he's a tough guy. He has three or four times been an ass directly two me, and as far as I know he also does marijuana). They pulled the kids out of class and gave them the boot for the knives, but that sparked the pot thing. The two kids I were referring to had knives and pot on school grounds, which meant searching lockers and such where they expelled a bunch of other kids for marijuana posession.
    This all happened on Wednesday apparently. One of the kids who was found with marijuana was in my shop class. I remember he wasn't there on Wednesday and the teacher got really pissed off about how he's almost never there and seemed like a slacking *******, but he didn't know that he was really on his way home after having his life permanently ruined.

God damnit.

3. Bozo Erectus

Bozo Erectus Master Baker

Sounds like way too much 'mad thuggin' for a school for the gifted:confused:

4. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

which is why the cliche of "gotta look out for the quiet ones" is silly.

5. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

Knives? Thats not a big deal. I mean I used to have a knife in skool in 10th grade. And there are sum ppl now who still carry them quite openly too. Like one dude has sum really lame pocket knife, and I always take it from him and attack him with it. Really funny.

Yeah your skool if way too uptight. Americans are too paranoid these days.

But how is anyone's life permamently ruined anyway? Getting suspended is hardly such a terible thing.

6. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

so on teh one hand you chastize a friend for leaving school voluntarily, but you discount the issue of people leaving school involuntarily? they both made choices that led to their dismissal. that should say something.

7. GinandTonic

GinandTonic Saphire w/ Schweps + Lime

Since they have unlicenced pistols how come they arent looking at several years manditory jail?

Knives = expulsion from school and brought up before the judge. Guns = jail, in the years.

8. Azash

Azash La Sombra

Dude, it's not unexpected for teens to be unmotivated and do socially unacceptable things. There's no need for angst.

9. Communisto

Communisto Condottiere

guns? did they really have guns? In middle-school? I've seen a gun at my high-school, hell I've carried a knife at my school for protection, not proud of it but it was better than getting my ass beat. Better stop being so shocked by it all, youre gonna be exposed to sex, violence and intoxicants for the rest of your life, deal with it.

10. cubsfan6506

cubsfan6506 Got u

Your attacking him is incredibly wrong and backwards.

11. Communisto

Communisto Condottiere

yet hilarious

12. cubsfan6506

cubsfan6506 Got u

Grow up nothing is funny about a kid going to high school and getting attacked.

13. Communisto

Communisto Condottiere

I'm sure he didnt attack him in the usual sense. More playing around, grow up and stop taking things so literally.

14. Harbringer

Harbringer Your A One Flower Garden

Ive always found infliction of pain on a living breathing person to be really disturbing, but then again i'm a tried and true extreme empath, sucks.

15. Kozmos

Kozmos Jew Detective

Quite opposite for me. I found it normal as eating a burger. But then again I lack empathy of any kind.

16. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

He deserved it. He wrote "I love Jesus" on my bagpack. How dare he. I had to dechristify my bagpack after that by drawing pentagrams and swastikas and sickles and hammers and anarchy symbols all over it.

So I had took his little swicthblade things from him...and man did he run. He must have run at least 3 laps around to school trying to avoid me. For a fat person he ran damn fast. But I got him in the end on the bus.

I have no empathy.

17. shadowdude

shadowdude cynic in training

You'll find that the world is not a nice place, get used to it. You have to be the change you want to see in the world.

18. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

I've normally find the infliction of pain on people to be amusing, the one exception being getting hit in the balls. Seeing that just makes me feel ill...

19. Communisto

Communisto Condottiere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0xZsCWT5LU

20. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh