1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

So, something different with cultural victory

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Helmling, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Helmling

Helmling Philosopher King

I hadn't played in a long while, but I always play the same route (boring that way).

On Emperor, 24 city states, quick, as Pericles, vs. max AIs, huge island plate map, I always go full Wonder-whoring and chase a late-game culture victory. Yeah, I know there are all sorts of cheese strategies to get culture victories and such, but I'm a builder. I like to build stuff and set up my own little Utopia.

But since I came back--like two months ago, maybe?--I can't win this way anymore. I will have a capital overflowing with Wonders and a nation that seems to be dominating culturally, but I can't win before somebody sends the space ship anymore.

Did they tweak something?

2. criZp

criZp Emperor

yeah you probably need to get those rock bands now

3. mad hadder

mad hadder Chieftain

I’d also add that you might be seeing the effect of various AI improvements, including recently a greater focus on science.

4. Helmling

Helmling Philosopher King

Oh yeah, I was spamming rock bands all the live-long day. And I had trade routes running into my competitors with that 50% tourism off trade routes civic. In my last game I'd pushed harder for earlier culture and fallen behind in tech so I didn't get Eiffel Tower, which meant fewer national parks, but still, with the number of wonders and great works I would have had an early win a year ago.

5. japanesesamurai

japanesesamurai Prince

I had the same sort of thing in the previous patch. On a small map on deity with Pericles I was generating 1000+ culture/turn, I had the most visiting tourists. All went well. But eventually won a science victory :/ As the second in line, Cyrus, had just way too much domestic tourists. I think there’s something about the mechanic OP and I don’t fully understand :)