[GS] So the AI agreeing to deals and I give them 1 Gold is... normal now?

Definitely seems to be a bug in there. I even had a case recently where I offered a bunch of favour for some cash, asked what they wanted, 1 gold. But I could manually add in 150 or 200 on their side of the deal.

Definitely seems to be a bug in there. I even had a case recently where I offered a bunch of favour for some cash, asked what they wanted, 1 gold. But I could manually add in 150 or 200 on their side of the deal.

My strategy has been to maximize both options and then ask the AI to make it fair. It gets rid of the bug, but it's tedious.

If it's a luxury for resource, I delete the resource amount and then ask the AI to fix the other side. Not great, either.

I was allied with Maori and Hungary and was in an Emergency War with Korea. I asked them to join the ongoing war and they both agreed to for 1 gold in total. Sounds like a bug for sure.

I thought since they were my allies they'd do it for cheap, but I really doubt that. I also encountered the AI only offering 1 gold in total (not 1 GPT) to a luxury I was willing to trade them.

I was playing R & F before release, just to get back the feel for the game. I was buying Open Borders from everyone for 1 gp for 30 turns. And I was thinking, "Dang! That's cheap!" Then I started playing GS and discovered that ALL of the AI leaders were willing to sell Open Borders for just 1 gp grand total... and realized that I was overpaying in the pre-GS game by a factor of 30.

So that low, low price is actually nothing new.

I should also mention that in the pre-GS game, AI leaders would come around offering something like 2 gp for 30 turns and 18 gp in a lump, for just ONE Salt. But then, I started to see if they would be willing to pay more.

The answer there was, "Yes." To the tune of that ONE Salt going for 37 gp per turn plus another lump sum of 43 gp. BIG difference between offered and willing to pay. One leader even paid me something like 130 gp for 30 turns plus 103 gp for just two resources.

I don't think that GS's trade game is broken. I think the entire Trade system is broken.... and has been seriously broken all along.

I think there's a bug in the evaluation system. If I offer a resource (or anything) and ask "What will you offer me for this?", the answer is always 1 Gold.

Yes, I've noticed that as well. But if you click the gold per turn button on their side to add some to the deal, and then click "what would it take", or whatever the button is, then they will come back with a reasonable offer.

When I ask for open borders and they offer me 1 gold, I just assume the game meant 1 GPT like before GS.

Top Bottom