So the forum got overrun by barbarians...

Ari Rahikkala

Chieftain
... which is a huge shame. I host a small phpBB forum and we had to just completely disable user registration for a while because even admin-approved registration was filling the admins' email inboxes too fast.

The new version with all the new civ unit rosters was looking really cool, but I didn't really play the development versions of that because the balance felt too weird. And although I wasn't really paying attention, people seemed to be doing some cool things in modmodmods as well. So, what's up?

I have the same question...

... armaggeddon happened :/

Well, I am still polishing Xtended (just tweaks, balance etc based on latest alpha). I can upload it and share the link here if someone need it.

It is quite stable, I can play it in my laptop until turn 500, but it does not have the latest changes in the svn such as the reworked stats etc. Personally, I am not interested in the latest change since it makes combat way too long for my taste. I

esvath: it is Xtended for which version of MoM ?

(I'm not sure I even downloaded the last version of MoM... so if Xtended is for that one, I'll miss on it :/ )

According to SourceForge he is comitting into a project called Risk 3 these days.

To bad, master of mana never got that polish it needed in the end. Always more major changes, but there is where the motivation is easier to find.

Esvath, can you fix so that XTended works ok in Hotseat, only the first player get his civ hero, the others start with it dead, which is not so fun? Pretty please with sugar in the butt?

I was still checking the site every couple of days, seems almost unbelievable that so much work is being abandoned. The last version I was playing was a modmod by darksavant (I think, cannot check anymore) which was terrific, but bugged (reloads had unit with 31 movement, -2 movement etc) and was really looking forward to an update for it.

Truly sad that one of the very best mods finished, in an unfinished state.

@esvath

Any working version with the latest alpha would be appreciated.

Well, I am still polishing Xtended (just tweaks, balance etc based on latest alpha). I can upload it and share the link here if someone need it.

It is quite stable, I can play it in my laptop until turn 500, but it does not have the latest changes in the svn such as the reworked stats etc. Personally, I am not interested in the latest change since it makes combat way too long for my taste. I

I'm interested, but I'm still unable to find a recent version of MoM anywhere. I'd need the latest version to be able to install your mod, yes?

So, after I checked, my latest Xtended is for Master of Mana 2.11.

It lacks the latest features of MoMana, such as unit hp, magic resistance etc, which I personally did not like since these prolong fight between units into several turns, instead of one.

It is essentially the same with DarkSavant's mod, just with my own tweaks.

Top Bottom