1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

So the forum got overrun by barbarians...

Discussion in 'Wildmana Modmod' started by Ari Rahikkala, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Ari Rahikkala

Ari Rahikkala Chieftain

... which is a huge shame. I host a small phpBB forum and we had to just completely disable user registration for a while because even admin-approved registration was filling the admins' email inboxes too fast.

The new version with all the new civ unit rosters was looking really cool, but I didn't really play the development versions of that because the balance felt too weird. And although I wasn't really paying attention, people seemed to be doing some cool things in modmodmods as well. So, what's up?

2. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

I have the same question...

3. Tschuggi

Tschuggi SNAFU

yeah, that's really a shame... though it's rather strange that nobody, not even Sephi, seems to care... which leads the the presumptios deduction that he may be on hiatus... again.

Tschuggi

4. Ari Rahikkala

Ari Rahikkala Chieftain

Hosting account went inactive.

5. Calavente

... armaggeddon happened :/

6. esvath

esvath Apprentice of Erebus

Well, I am still polishing Xtended (just tweaks, balance etc based on latest alpha). I can upload it and share the link here if someone need it.

It is quite stable, I can play it in my laptop until turn 500, but it does not have the latest changes in the svn such as the reworked stats etc. Personally, I am not interested in the latest change since it makes combat way too long for my taste. I

7. Calavente

esvath: it is Xtended for which version of MoM ?

(I'm not sure I even downloaded the last version of MoM... so if Xtended is for that one, I'll miss on it :/ )

8. moscaverde

moscaverde Prince

Do someone have contact with Sephi? Maybe something happened to him.

9. CarnivalBizarre

CarnivalBizarre Warlord

According to SourceForge he is comitting into a project called Risk 3 these days.

To bad, master of mana never got that polish it needed in the end. Always more major changes, but there is where the motivation is easier to find.

Esvath, can you fix so that XTended works ok in Hotseat, only the first player get his civ hero, the others start with it dead, which is not so fun? Pretty please with sugar in the butt?

10. zoommooz11

zoommooz11 Warlord

I was still checking the site every couple of days, seems almost unbelievable that so much work is being abandoned. The last version I was playing was a modmod by darksavant (I think, cannot check anymore) which was terrific, but bugged (reloads had unit with 31 movement, -2 movement etc) and was really looking forward to an update for it.

Truly sad that one of the very best mods finished, in an unfinished state.

@esvath

Any working version with the latest alpha would be appreciated.

11. sungchiahao

sungchiahao Chieftain

Yes please upload. I got new PC and like to reinstall the mods. Thank you.

12. DanieltheJew

DanieltheJew Chieftain

I'm interested, but I'm still unable to find a recent version of MoM anywhere. I'd need the latest version to be able to install your mod, yes?

13. esvath

esvath Apprentice of Erebus

So, after I checked, my latest Xtended is for Master of Mana 2.11.

It lacks the latest features of MoMana, such as unit hp, magic resistance etc, which I personally did not like since these prolong fight between units into several turns, instead of one.

It is essentially the same with DarkSavant's mod, just with my own tweaks.