So, the Marseilles...

Thain Esh Kelch

Chieftain
How exactly does it work? Does it have a radius, and all cities beneath it gets a bonus?

I'm trying to plan where to build it... I usually just place it far from the capital, but now I really wonder if thats the smartest thing.. ;)

It factors into distance from palace maintenance as if it were just another palace. Cities calculate maintenance based on the closest of palace, FP, and VS AFAIK.

Marseilles is a city. You mean Versailles, I'll assume.

I usually try to place it in a city with other cities around, far enough from my capital, to maximize the gain. Make it another "center" that will lower the maintenance cost of several cities, not just one.

But I don't bother building it unless I have a really large empire or am Industrious with Marble. That's an expansive building, coming from a dead-end tech, so that's quite an investment. The Forbidden Palace usually is enough.

Versailles is the city where the palace is. Just outside Paris where they said, "let them eat cake."

The royals never went into Paris, it was too vulgar. That's why they didn't know the peasants were starving.

:goodjob:

The royals never went into Paris, it was too vulgar. That's why they didn't know the peasants were starving.

Louis XIV is the one who decided to go to Versailles. Before that, the French kings were in Paris too. They were also forced to come back later after the revolution if I'm correct.

Top Bottom