[GS] So the real problem (other than AI) is no Byzies/ERE...

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can wait til the rumored next expansion. Firaxis seems to want a balance between new and returning Civs in each expack, so they can wait along with the Maya, Portugal, Babylon, Ethiopia etc.

Am I the only one that think Byzantines are not necessarly a staple in the game and that want maybe other civs before them?
I always saw Byzantines as the Roman with a religion focus. I'm sorry, but for me maybe it's better to have other civs with better/different gameplays allowing a variety of games. Maybe it's an unpopular opinion, but I greatly prefer Maori and Kongo, aka minor civs with great GP, than Ottomans or Byzantines.

All I want for Christmas (hem, Christmas is already gone... Valentine's Day) is civs with unique GP. I love Portugal, but since it's just a naval civ, it would be kind of bland. Or give them extraordinary abilities. I want synergy, I want originality, I want new GP. Maori, Incas and Hungary are that so (if we except Canada) Gathering Storm is a great expansion. I want Phoenicy with a City-State mechanic, I want Mali with the same synergy between Religion and Gold than Arabia and Religion/Science, I want Sweden with Great People and Diplomacy ties together ala Civ V (which was an awesome way to do so), I want the new possibility to use the same leader for different civs, and, dare I say, I want to be surprised by the Ottomans even if the only reason I sometimes played with Ottomans in my games in Civ V was for the turban and the beard and the belly of Suleiman.

In probabilities' name, give us variety instead of the same, old, reused civs with bland gameplays.

I cant wait to defeat the Ottomans as Phoenicia, right after I capitulate Macedon and Rome. Obviously I would then ask them if they want trade agreements.

10/10 expansion.

Am I the only one that think Byzantines are not necessarly a staple in the game and that want maybe other civs before them?
I always saw Byzantines as the Roman with a religion focus.

I mean there's no reason to not include them either with the alternate leaders mechanic. Byzantium would be perfect in that regard with a LUA tailored towards religion.

Most importantly, it would make a lot of people happy.

I'm certain that if there is indeed a third expansion, we will see popular requests like Portugal and Maya also return.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like the Byzantines in the next expansion along with Scipio as a second Roman leader to finally have the Republic as well...

They could probably sell a leader pack and nothing else long into the production cycle of the next game if they decide to change the art style to something simpler.

It's possible but even they have said that the mechanics of alternate leaders + multiple civs per leader are meant to expand modding capabilities more than anything

Well if there was no Byzies , I guess we would get Constantinople city-state at least.

Moderator Action: We are closing all why no insert name civ threads until the full list is confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom