So there's this girl on my bus...

This is the kind of thing that get easier the more you do it.

It was big deal for me when I first started, then rejection after rejection later, it doesn't phase me anymore. And it makes the rare sucesses all the more sweeter (I have 1 a year about).

Just keep at it, you'll come to your own eventually.

Today I walked down to the bottom of the hill to get the bus. She is not there, like she is sometimes.

I get on, sit away from the people I know who sit at the back of the bus, and I sit where she normally does in the middle.

We go to the main stop, where everyone gets on, and the girl that I was going to talk to about HER gets on. Another one of them gets on. She says "Are you saving that seat (the one behind me) for Dana?", the other one goes "Yeah". I feel myself be lifted as I hope that she has planned something. :)

And then one of them goes: "Ooo. That's a nice perfume. Whose is it?". I was a millimetre away from turning around and saying "It's mine" and start off a conversation about THE girl. But I don't. So then my attentions to HER when she gets on. This time though, about 10 of them get on, for some reason scaring me. I am literally surrounded by girls.

So the bus starts up and we start moving they start talking across me, also lifting my spirits. They talk about the typical girl thing, the clothes and stuff and then one of them goes "So Dana, what are you doing tonight, you going round Mike's?" I feel a surge of jealousy. She goes "Oh, I don't know, I might just go out with some mates, I might do..." etc etc. Every fibre in my body is jealous. I can't help it. I already feel rejected, before even opening my mouth to talk to her. She gets off at her usual personalised stop. I feel terrible. The gem didn't even look at me this time, and this is the longest time taht she hasn't looked at me. I seriously think she has got bored with it. :(

So I look to the next thing, talking to one of her mates that gets off at my stop. I prepare myself fully, I was going to do it, she's normally on her own walking down, so I get ready.

Our stop comes and I wait for her to get off, so I can catch up with her and start a conversation. But, some bus from some other school stops at our bus stop, something which has never happened before, and before I know it, some kid gets off it and starts talking to her. :mad:

I think this is the end. The gem in question does not even look at me now, and I have just let everyone that has given me advice on here down, as well as myself, of course. I should have talked to her a long time ago, there were so many chances I had, really good chances that will probably never happen again. She never seems to be on her own anymore. She is the main girl in her clique, so everyone will be talking to her, which makes possibilities of getting her alone very remote.

I could have just said that I didn't get the bus home today, at least I was honest with all of you, give me credit for that.

So as I sit in this chair, staring into the screen for some hidden message, showing me the way, I think, What the hell do I do now? :(

Well, do you know who Mike is? Maybe a friend, maybe he doesn't exist at all? That is the paranoid explanation, and I don't know how probable it is, but they might just have been testing you.

Or maybe you're screwed. ;)

I still think you should talk to her.

Yes, I think I should just stop talking/typing about it, to get it off my mind, and one day, when everything is going right, just chat to her. Even if she don't like me anymore, I can use the excuse that I want to know why she did look at me.

No I have no idea who this Mike could be.

And yes, I certainly did screw up, but everyhting seemed to be against me today, the millions of her friends with her, the random bus with the boy who talked to the other girl. Coincidence? I think not, everything happens for a reason.

There is no right time only right now.

skadistic said:
There is no right time only right now.

Yes but trying to make a good thing out of a good opportunity is better than trying to make a good thing out of a bad opportunity. I agree with you that there is no time like the present, but I have never seen her anywhere else than in a bus, even tough she lives about 10 minutes walk away from me. So this makes the only opportunity to see on the bus, which is only at certain times of the day, with the same people and same atmosphere. I should have done it before, I so badly should have, but I didn't, but it's better late than never.

I guess It was Boy-you-better-make-things-happend day for her ;)
We've all hated this stupid Mike.
Seriously, after such remark about Mike by one of her friends I understand she avoided eye contact.
Game is not over, but heading for a time victory might not be wise ? Looks like somebody's already building the spaceship for a space race, maybe you should go for a ... conquest victory.
Ok let's stop crappy Civilization metaphores... ;)
Avoid beeing totally desocialized from her little group of friends. I still think you have a good chance, and she probably often feels alone despite the company of her friends.

MamboJoel said:
I guess It was Boy-you-better-make-things-happend day for her ;)
We've all hated this stupid Mike.
Seriously, after such remark about Mike by one of her friends I understand she avoided eye contact.
Game is not over, but heading for a time victory might not be wise ? Looks like somebody's already building the spaceship for a space race, maybe you should go for a ... conquest victory.
Ok let's stop crappy Civilization metaphores... ;)
Avoid beeing totally desocialized from her little group of friends. I still think you have a good chance, and she probably often feels alone despite the company of her friends.

Yes, I wish I knew how she felt, which, at the end of the day, is the main thing. :sad:

Are you a counsellor? If not you should be.

I really do find it weird that she lives so close to me, yet I have never seen her outside of the bus environment, and it's not as if I never go out.

chrisrossi said:
Yes, I wish I knew how she felt, which, at the end of the day, is the main thing. :sad:

Are you a counsellor? If not you should be.

I really do find it weird that she lives so close to me, yet I have never seen her outside of the bus environment, and it's not as if I never go out.

Cheer up mate! The fight has just started! As long you don't get a definite yes or a definite no FROM HER, everything else is just in your imagination...
Looks like you will not get a chance to see her alone. Then in that case, go for the friends when you have a chance. Ask one of them who that Mike is. You might be afraid that this is a bit too obvious, but that's EXACTLY the point :)

Don't give up now, Chris! That's a great thing you're going through right now :)

I've been in a situation like yours once, chrisrossi, only that I was the girl...:p
There was(and still is, believe me) this boy in my class whom I really like. Well, I had just managed to begin a conversation with him(at last!), when one of my friends wandered over and began talking to me of all sorts of things. I couldn't get my friend to stop talking, and I found no way whatsoever to include the boy in question in the conversation. And I felt that I had to keep eye-contact with my friend, as she was talking to me. The whole purpose of my starting a conversation with this boy had been defeated by a clueless(albeit well-meaning) friend!

So although she only talked to her friends, though she did not look at you, though you haven't talked to her since, she probably still likes you :goodjob:

I would try again were I you... If she does not like you, you'll probably notice.

Gladinia said:
I've been in a situation like yours once, chrisrossi, only that I was the girl...:p
So although she only talked to her friends, though she did not look at you, though you haven't talked to her since, she probably still likes you :goodjob:

I would try again were I you... If she does not like you, you'll probably notice.

I'm really glad we have some advice from the "other side" concurring with ours :D

Dude, it can't be. This is the internet, remember?
Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.
;)

Yes it is weird to hear the other side, the unknown.

MamboJoel I seriously won't be getting the bus on Monday because I'm going to the doctor's.

Masquerouge When she is talking to her mates, there really are no pauses in the conversation that I could use, I don't want to interrupt anything. It would be so much easier if she was alone. Or if she even made the first move, but then I don't even know anymore if she likes me.

chrisrossi said:
Masquerouge When she is talking to her mates, there really are no pauses in the conversation that I could use, I don't want to interrupt anything. It would be so much easier if she was alone. Or if she even made the first move, but I don't know anymore if she likes me.

Are you talking about Dana, or about the friend od Dana's you tried to talk to?

I would indeed advise against cutting in the conversation, in any case.

Is there any way that you can meet her at her bus stop? It would probably be easier to chat with her then.
I kind of remember you said she usually get off the bus all by herself. Any chances of you being there?

Masquerouge said:
Are you talking about Dana, or about the friend od Dana's you tried to talk to?

I would indeed advise against cutting in the conversation, in any case.

Is there any way that you can meet her at her bus stop? It would probably be easier to chat with her then.
I kind of remember you said she usually get off the bus all by herself. Any chances of you being there?

I have thought about those things. I don't know if she gets the bus to school, because I don't and don't really want to either.

Yes, the bus driver stops outisde her cul-de-sac specially for her. I am wondering whether it would just look weird for me to get off at that stop all of a sudden, which I believe it would. I also don't know how deep this cul-de-sac goes, so I don't know how long her walk is. You can't have a conversation in 2 minutes can you? ;) But yes, I may have look up there sometime in the weekend, some recon.

chrisrossi said:
I have thought about those things. I don't know if she gets the bus to school, because I don't and don't really want to either.

Yes, the bus driver stops outisde her cul-de-sac specially for her. I am wondering whether it would just look weird for me to get off at that stop all of a sudden, which I believe it would. I also don't know how deep this cul-de-sac goes, so I don't know how long her walk is. You can't have a conversation in 2 minutes can you? ;) But yes, I may have look up there sometime in the weekend, some recon.

Going out of the bus with her would be weird, I agree. But what can you manage to be there BEFORE her, say like you're walking home, and what a coincidence! You just just happen to walk by the bus stop at the same time she gets off! ;)

Top Bottom