1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

So they're making a live action Cowboy Bebop movie starring Keanu Reeves, huh?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by LightSpectra, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Esckey

Esckey Deity

Yea was, now with Keanu Reeves being associated with it I wish to burn all the books and materials so that I may be seen as clean

2. Azale

Azale Deity

I liked Devil's Advocate, Constantine, and the Matrix...but don't let me interrupt your Keanu bash fest with FACTS! >:0

3. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

I agree with Azale.

4. Kozmos

Kozmos Jew Detective

Azale is correct, as usual.

5. amadeus

amadeus Civ2 / Law and Order!

The first two were the same damn movie and the third was special effects.

6. Gilder

Gilder Deity

Are these movie good because of Keanu Reeves or because of the rest of the movie?

7. amadeus

amadeus Civ2 / Law and Order!

They're good despite Keanu Reeves. Like Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

8. Azale

Azale Deity

He was the main bloody character! It is rather difficult to produce a quality movie if the main character is an emotionless zombie like everyone thinks Keanu is.

He has his flaws, but so does every actor. I think guys like Denzel Washington and Jeff Goldblum have an even narrower acting range (as far as they've shown in their movies) but they are not nearly as criticized.

9. DNK

DNK Member

You take that back.

Reeves will be terrible for the role, and I also will be burning my DVDs and memories. Knockin' on Heaven's Door was bad enough, but I managed to keep my DVDs despite it.

Whenever anime gets turned into a movie from a show, it ends in disaster with maybe one exception which isn't really an exception. That being End of Evangelion. Even if it's an anime movie. It just doesn't work. Why do they keep doing this?

Even the GitS second movie was terrible, and that was a movie-turned-show-turned-movie, the best you could hope for. Just stop already, Japan, you suck at this.

10. eastsidebagel

eastsidebagel Deity

Great news, but a very bad choice of the actor who plays the protagonist. Did anybody of you know, that it was actually Samuel L. Jackson who should have been Neo in Matrix, but they refused him to get that role, because he wanted the Matrix code to be purple instead of green?
    IMO, this decision led to a much poorer result than it could have turned out.

11. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

I assume a Cowboy Bebop is some sort of country-music style dance.

12. Aegis

Aegis Deity

Cowboy refers to the profession of the protagonists in the story: bounty hunters.

Bebop is the style of music that plays throughout the series, which is a fast-paced jazz.

I have liked him in certain roles in the past, but I doubt he can pull of Spike's persona.

At least Reeves resembles Spike Spiegel. I'm more concerned about who they pick to portray Faye Valentine.

[Edit:] Apparently the original creators of the show are heavily involved and have the final stamp of approval on the script and movie.

13. DNK

DNK Member

lol they said the same thing about DOOM.

Yeah, enjoy.

SLJ would have been a terrible Neo imo. Reeves wasn't perfect for the role, but I guess he pulled it off well enough. He just went a direction I wouldn't have, which is basically the only direction he can go.

14. Aegis

Aegis Deity

Meh, I'm not going to condemn it before any of the details or trailer come out.

15. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

Not that I've seen, but it does feature a barking dog.

Keanu's gonna need a bit of a fro though. I'd say Miley Cyrus if she were in her twenties and more streetwise. Whoever it'd be they'd need to be a seductive young femme fatale and conniving and spunky too. Kind of a strange combination in RL, though maybe Elisha Dushku?

plus Dog the Bounty Hunter and some John Woo. And some music appreciation class.

16. Narz

Narz keeping it real

Reeves was great in Bill & Ted's EE.