1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

So what are everyone's plans for launch night/day

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Panixs, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Panixs

Panixs Chieftain

So after anticipating a nice easy day working from home Friday so I can play civ on the side, my boss has just booked me in for a teleconference from 9am till 5pm.

So I though it would be interesting to see what are everyone else's plans and has anyone had their plans ruined like mine?

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I'm going to have a normal day, go to work, take care of the kids, then I will start it up after they go to bed.

3. Deggial

Deggial Warlord

Working in the office, doing sports, heading over to my partner, having dinner with her, watching a film and going to bed... and dreaming from the weekend, when I finally will be able to found a new civilization!

4. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Chieftain

Yeesh that's a long teleconference. Terrible.

I fortunately have Friday off so I am hoping the collectors edition is delivered on time. The rest of the weekend I am out of town with the girlfriend though so I will be extremely bummed if it arrives Saturday or Sunday

5. Khalid

Khalid Chieftain

I will be with a bunch of friends at a cottage in mountains with no access to internet. A bit of meditation and playing Civ the board games or Descent.

6. InkyK

InkyK Chieftain

I took a Personal Day off from work, so I'll essentially be getting paid to play lol. I'm gonna livestream a game as Gorgo during the day on Friday, but if I'm up at the time of release, I'm gonna start recording a Let's Play as Saladin.

7. UncivilizedGuy

UncivilizedGuy Civ is brain candy.

Luckily I took Friday off for other reasons. I might be able to squeeze in few a hours of playtime in the a.m.! I'm begging the Civ gods for for a midnight release.:bowdown:

8. Lord Katana

Lord Katana Chieftain

took the whole week off, starting friday! GAME TIME!

9. Olleus

Olleus Warlord

Warned my supervisor that I wont be in on Friday. In the UK so I'm hoping for a 9am launch local time, I doubt I'll stop playing until 9pm. Will make sure the fridge is stocked full so I dont get distracted.

I believe this is the only game I've dedicated the release day for. Blame these forums for that!

10. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

Go to work, I think Happy Hour after with work people. Might get around to playing around the weekend some time.

11. oakdragon

oakdragon Stagnating amongst the Siliconians Supporter

Launch night, this atheist will be converting to as many religions as possible and then praying that the Mac release comes out the same day. :bowdown:

:lol:

12. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Well, it depends if amazon sends out steam keys before delivery. :D But I'll be up early to take the package in anyway. :p

13. Haggbart

Haggbart Chieftain

Gonna be working and training before I can play on friday night, flying my brother in to play the weekend also :) So the rest of the weekend is cleared. GF told to make other plans months ago.

14. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Chieftain

My game plan this week is:
    playing bf1 till i can play civ6.

15. Dimplz

Dimplz Chieftain

Well hubby took the day off (I already stay at home) so we both will be free to play all day and afternoon once we kick the kids out...err...see the kids off to school. :high5:

Stilinski and StrideColossus like this.
  16. andydtoma

andydtoma Chieftain

Did anyone think on the time needed for download and install?
    I hope it will be available on Steam a little bit earlier.

17. Txomin

Txomin Chieftain

I'm off Friday so here's hoping the game gets a Mac version on launch day! Even if not, I'm looking forward to the soundtrack and any rips of music from the game coming out.

18. footslogger

footslogger Chieftain

So what's happening on Friday again?

19. MistyRonin

MistyRonin Chieftain

I incidentally have the whole weekend free (including Friday), so GAME ON!

20. Grumpbeard

Grumpbeard Chieftain

I'm the boss where I work, so I gave myself the day off. If I discover its to game, I'll give myself a stern talking too.

No, seriously, I am the boss so I used a vacation day. I'll probably check to see if its available at midnight eastern, if it is, I'll make sure it downloaded. I probably won't open it then; I'll get some sleep and wake up the next morning, kiss my wife, and then play. My wife works second shift so I'll probably ignore her all morning, and then when she gets home she'll shake me to get me away from the computer, and we'll go to bed.

We'll both play all day Saturday and Sunday, except for 1 hour of dog training, the quickest grocery shopping trip ever, and possibly dessert with her family because her birthday is Monday.

Monday I'll go to work, she's off for her birthday, and she'll play all day.

Then back to normal.

Stilgar08 likes this.