1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

So... what does the CIVBE-Starships connectivity mean?

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by WiseGreen, Mar 12, 2015.

1. WiseGreen

WiseGreen Warlord

Title says it. For the folks who've got Starships, what exactly is the connectivity between the games? Is this only one-way (BE -> Starships)?

2. Doviello

Doviello Warlord

Playing BE unlock stuff in Starships (i dont know what because i dont have SS). The opposite is also true - you get new colonist choices it seems, by playing SS.

Check some of them:
    http://imgur.com/a/3cjj9

3. lilgamefreek

lilgamefreek Warlord

I have heard there are also Map unlocks (not the Glacial from registering My2K) to be had.

4. Doviello

Doviello Warlord

Glacial is quite underwhelming. Is there anything beyond that?

5. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Ocean King

there is an option to play in SS when you're in game playing BE

6. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

It's free stuff. What more do you want?

You buy Starships because you want to play Starships, surely? Not for some tiny bonuses in another game.

7. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

if you have starships, there is a rewards button on the main menu. Click it and it gives you the full list of the bonuses that BE can give you starships. You have to unlock these bonuses by playing BE a certain way. I won't post the entire list so as to not spoil it for anyone but some of the rewards are new missions and some of the rewards are getting combo bonuses for playing hybrid affinities in BE.

8. Doviello

Doviello Warlord

I mean free stuff for having an account on the my2k thing, besides Glacial. I don't want starship, those colonists bonuses can easily be modded in.

9. JokerJace

JokerJace Prince

I hope they don't go down the same route as Ubisoft has. You need like 5 pieces of external software across multiple platforms to get all the content of a PC game you bought. What a mess. Not to mention the constant connectivity problems.

10. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

You might want to check the patch notes for Unity, if that's the single game you're referring to.

11. rastak

rastak Emperor

Mod it in then. Starships is actually more fun than I thought it would be. Rather simple tactical game with some small 4x elements.

12. vahouth

vahouth Prince

New maps in BE are unlocked by achieving different victory conditions in Starships, eg Domination unlocks the Inland Sea map.

13. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

I do hope in time I can purchase whatever BE content you can only get from Starships, without hVing to purchase Starships.

I'm not interested in buying any iPad gimmicky spin off. I also don't like how BE content is locked behind it.