1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

So what the heck do we plan on doing?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Stuck_as_a_Mac, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Well, weve got our forum. Now what? Do we chalange 'Poly? Join the DG that Naervod and Goonie keep talking about? And what civ will we be? What level (hopefully not emperor)?

Just wanted to ask

2. Padma

Padma the Inbond Administrator

Stuck: I assume this is the game that naervod et. al. have been talking about. TF just finally acceded to our wishes to have a local forum for the CFC team.

:D

3. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Padma: that I know. But this forum is for that game? or for which game? and what civ are we? now that we dont have to travel out of Fanatika to conduct our DG, we can sit on our duffs and decide here.
    So, im planing on posting a multichoice poll on what civ do we want to be.
    America to Zulu, Arabs to Scandinavians

4. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

Yes, this is the forum for the Intersite PBEM Demogame! We are having a discussion, on the civ right now :)!

5. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

Please remember that on higher levels we wont have any AI to steal techs off. And since the game moves faster, we'll be in the middle ages by the time it's 2050 AD

6. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Chieftain

What do we plan n doing? Why, winning, of course!

7. Mariner II

Mariner II Chieftain

First of all, I hope no one minds, but I am not a very good civ player, so if I have something to say, feel free to ignore it :) But, i do have fun playing the game, and I have some good tactical information, and knowledge of the game (sorta like a golf teacher, great at teaching the game, but not very good playing it).

Anyways, what exactly is this game, and how is it different from the actual demogame? I do't think i'm supposed to post this here, but i don't know where else to post it

8. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

First of all, you could have posted a new thread. the link you press to create a new thread is towards the bottom. that way your discussion could have it's own place.

First, read all the war academy topics. they will always help.

I'll answer all your questions if you start a new thread.
    And go the Australians! I'll invite you to be a mayor of one of my cities in the normal demogame. (I'll tell you how when you start your own thread!

9. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

I've tried posting at 1BC three times now and can't seem to do so. (There's no place like home.) Anyone know where this blasted game is being hosted? Where do we get info on the procedures and deadlines for choosing game parameters and civs?

10. Kentonio

Kentonio Monkey Lord of Civ III

Hi all, sorry to intrude but I just want to answer Donsigs question.

Firstly Donsig you DID post that message three times at 1BC. ;) I answered you there after the first time you posted it. :D

The game isnt being hosted as such anywhere, each site has its own forums and the game will just be passed between the sites. If central forums ARE needed then this wont be a problem but its something that hasnt been suggested yet.

As for information on whats been decided so far im afraid the best thing you could do is fortify yourself and wade through the 12 pages of that topic at the UN where we've been talking about the game.

1 thing you DO need to know right know tho is that the deadline for presenting a list of civs you would like is this Thursday, so if you guys could finalize your civ preference that would be very cool.

Talk to ya's soon.

Kentonio

11. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

Like I said there's no place like home. I will visit that blasted place once more to see if I can see my posts and your reply. :)

12. Mariner II

Mariner II Chieftain

the war academy is where i get most of my tactical knowledge, however, I can't seem to aquire it in practice. Anyways, my thread is up, so...ya, whatever