So what would be your plan with this start?

Arksa

Warlord
Immortal difficulty, Byzantine Empire.

Japan is down right, right after the fog.

Spoiler :

God of the sea and then hope for the best? Where would you place a second city?

I find the 1-luxury capitol bit of a problem here. Also looks like only way to get religion is just shrines and get it slooooooowly. Also I find it hard to focus on work boats early on, but this start seems like it leaves not much choice but to go for them.

I got a very stupid offtopic question :p How do you put these white clouds on the map, its all black in my game. Is there any visual settings that I missed?

Could be which direct x version you play. On my laptop I use DS9 settings as it runs better and has black fog of war, desktop is DX10/11 which has the white one as per the OP.

I'd be tempted to settle that hill to the bottom left near the Japanese archer (the one without trees on it near the fish). Lots of food with the wheat and grassland, coastal and 2 luxuries within 3 tile radius (silver and ivory) and reasonable production with the hills mined and bonus stone at 4 tiles out so workable

Since Japan is your close neighbor, you want all your cities on hills.

drop the first on the hill 4 tiles south-west (two tiles from the ivory). Drop the next either on the wheat next to the barb camp or on the hill 1 tile west of the wine.

Not sure if you will be able to get the silver and still live unless Oda heads away from you.

Good luck :)

City number 2 --> 3 tiles west of ivory, on the hill (2 unique luxes, good food, good early production)

City number 3 --> On the coast, 2 tiles north from wine, next to a mountain. (lots of fish, 1 unique lux, observatory, food/hammer cargo ship to capital.

City number 4 --> somewhere.

God of the sea would be awesome on this map.

Dance of the Aurora to guarantee a religion and then God of the Sea as a bonus. Other than that, what Moriate said.

I'd probably end up with cit 4 on the edge of your map their, most likely south of Brussels somewhere but if somewhere better comes up...

follow what Moriarte said. I'd place 4th city right side of cap (2 dear, 3 fish/crab). You can use food cargo ship from 2 cities and grow your cap really big.

Since you are building monument, it would be better to go with liberty.

If you want a religion, since this is immortal, stonehenge build would work too. As getting God of the Sea (and religion) would give you a critical advantage, it's worth it.

If you plan to play aggressive then I would place the ivory city on the coastal hill north of the grain field, it will let you grab the silver and give you a forward city to both defend and attack well, from. Besides that I would place a city as monriarte said, on the coast next to the mountain, north of the wine. If you wish for a fourth I would place it where glory7 said "right side of cap (2 dear, 3 fish/crab)"

Top Bottom