So what's your favorite?

Philosophia

Chieftain
Just curious what everyone's favorite thing and or civilization in the game is now? Do you like an old civ, but because of the new things they're fun or do you like one of the great new civs?

Personally, I really love the Moroccans and England. I love being able to build like a naval empire and really prosper through trade. As for new elements in the game I love the World Congress; it makes playing diplomatically so much more enjoyable as well as making you feel like you actually have a part in controlling the outcome if you choose to go that route. In my recent game as Morocco I was leader of the Congress and was able to control a runaway Carthage through embargos and taxes. It really made it nice because I was isolated behind a set of mountains and to move units to stop her would have rather annoying.

I love Poland. They have a flexible trait and a good ub. Haven't tried any civ other than Poland and Indonesia though.

I haven't played Poland yet. I think I'm going to try Brazil or Assyria next.

I have only played one game as the Shoshone. They have been a lot of fun. I see myself playing as them quite a bit. I also look forward to trying Portugal, Brazil, new France and Poland. Venice is a bit intimidating but I will give them a go at some point.

At the moment I have roughly 700 civs I want to play, but I can safely say that I LOVE Indonesia and Arabia. Indonesia's extra resources are giving me gobs upon gobs of happiness and great spots for trades once I have harbors. Plus, Candis. Arabia's double-length caravans netted me an ancient-era trade route with Byzantium's capital with all of five extra tiles of road, and I think I'm going to own her for religion before she gets a pantheon at this rate, which is making Tithe pretty awesome.

Tithe doesn't buy great people. Pilgrimmage does. And if you want GPT, go beat up a Civ, and surround their capital with units, they will peace deal large gobs of GPT for peace.

I love Mongolia, because who doesn't love Keshiks and Khans. Egypt is my other favorite, due to wonders and Burial Tombs. Haven't tried them in BNW yet, but I feel like the new piety tree will make them even better. I tried Indonesia as well. They didn't feel as bad as everybody here says they are, but they weren't great. My next game will be with Venice or Brazil, depending on how I feel.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Poland and Shoshone seem to be the best of the new lot. Neither seems to approach the power of Spain or the old :c5science: civs, though.

On a side note: is it just me, or is it nearly impossible to get an early :c5culture: ruin without playing Shoshone? I think I've managed it once since BNW released.

I like the addition of more trade focused teams. Before BNW, I always played Netherlands, Arabia, Carthage, and Inca. This just adds much more in trade and that's a major reason I got it in the first place.

I love all of the new civs so far (ones I've played, and one's I haven't due to diverse concept of their Uniques)

Literally have nothing bad to say about any of them

It was really about favorite civs with the Brave New World update, for example one could say there favorite civ was France because of the new chateau even though it's not a new civ. I just started a game as France and I'm really enjoying it. I want to try war mongering this game, but I'm so starved on cash. Also, the barbarians are ridiculously annoying :C

Top Bottom