So Which Wonders Have You Seen IRL?

There are no Dutch/Belgian wonders, sadly :(

I don't know. Some of the beer menus I saw in Belgium when I was there might be classified as Wonders themselves.;)

Man, I'm slackin' here. The only one on the list I can think of is the Statue of Liberty. What surprised me is how many near-misses I've had. I went to New York, but didn't see Broadway or the UN (and if I happened to pass Wall Street, it was when we were wandering around downtown in a post-New Year's drunker stupor, so I don't think it would count). I've moved to a part of the U.S. near where Mount Rushmore and our NP (Yellowstone) are, maybe I'll get to them this summer. I was in the military, but I wasn't an officer or anything like that, so I haven't seen West Point or the Pentagon. They sent me to Honduras (close to the Mayans' old stomping grounds), but I never took a trip up to Chichen Itza. Been near Los Angeles, but no Hollywood. Been through Tennessee, but never Graceland (I'm guessing Memphis is where we built Rock 'n' Roll).

But I have seen our Ironworks! ...or what's left of it... grew up in Detroit...

It seems that nobody has yet been in the Space Elevator :D

I'm hoping Neil Armstrong will reveal himself as a CFC lurker and say "But I've been to the Apollo Program, is that close enough?" :lol:

Hagia Sophia
The Pyramids
Kremlin

World: Pentagon, Broadway, Hollywood, Statue of Liberty
National: Several National parks, "Shakespeare's" Globe Theater, Mt. Rushmore

I have seen the Hermitage and the Kremlin in Russia and the Pentagon in D.C.

I think this thread just gave me my bucket list: visit every wonder in Civ before I die. That would be one hell of a trip.

Been through Tennessee, but never Graceland (I'm guessing Memphis is where we built Rock 'n' Roll).

I think that the Rock 'n' Roll wonder is the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame, which is in Cleveland, Ohio.

Statue of Liberty

I've driven by the Pentagon probably a thousand times but never stopped to actually see it.

There's an old iron works here in Richmond where they used to make cannons during the civil war, so I guess I've seen "Iron Works" too;) It is now a museum.

I've seen Hollywood, the UN, the Statue of Liberty, Broadway, Wall Street (4 just in NYC!) and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (close enough!).

Does the 1/3rd size Eiffel Tower in Las Vegas count? :p Heck, they have a Statue of Liberty there too...

I have seen the Hermitage and the Kremlin in Russia and the Pentagon in D.C.

I think this thread just gave me my bucket list: visit every wonder in Civ before I die. That would be one hell of a trip.

Given that the Space Elevator has never existed and several of the ancient ones no longer exist in any form, it would be ;)

Given that the Space Elevator has never existed and several of the ancient ones no longer exist in any form, it would be ;)

Hey, I'm only 25. I can hold out hope for leaps in space technology and time travel, can't I?

Hey, I'm only 25. I can hold out hope for leaps in space technology and time travel, can't I?

You'd need the TARDIS, which would probably qualify as a Wonder- so you could scratch it off the list as you use it to see the Colossus and Great Lighthouse.

Notre Dame
Eiffel Tower
Versailles
Stonehenge
Globe Theatre
Oxford University
Palace (The Norwegian one)
National Park (Norwegian ones)
Red Cross (Uhm?) :king:

Oxford University - I live in Oxford and there are 38 colleges that make up the university so I'm pretty much surrounded by it.
Globe Theatre.
(Buckingham) Palace.
Stonehenge.
The Parthenon.
The Hagia Sofia.
Notre Dame.
Versailles.
Eiffel Tower.
[...]I think this thread just gave me my bucket list: visit every wonder in Civ before I die. That would be one hell of a trip.
and that post has just given me my bucket list :crazyeye:

The Parthanon is the only ancient wonder I've seen.

Being American, I've seen the Pentagon, the Hoover Dam, and the New York wonders.

Pentagon, Statue of Liberty, Eiffel Tower,Notre Dame, Versailles, UN, Broadway. Oh and ROCK AND ROLL! /horns

I've toured Cape Canaveral and seen a Saturn V, the Apollo 13 capsule and met several of the astronauts, so I'm claiming the Apollo Program. I've also seen Gus Grissom's capsule from the second Mercury flight. The capsule was rescued from the bottom of the sea.

Top Bottom