So Which Wonders Have You Seen IRL?

Americans have an unfair advantage here. :p Apostolic Palace, Notre Dame, Stonehenge, Eiffel Tower, Hagia Sophia, Kremlin, Sistine Chapel and Versailles. Hopefully will make it to Angkor Wat in a few months.

Globe Theatre, Hermitage and Oxford for the national wonders.

Americans have an unfair advantage here. :p Apostolic Palace, Notre Dame, Stonehenge, Eiffel Tower, Hagia Sophia, Kremlin, Sistine Chapel and Versailles. Hopefully will make it to Angkor Wat in a few months.

Globe Theatre, Hermitage and Oxford for the national wonders.

Europeans have a pretty good starting location, also.

Let me know if and when you get over here. :thumbsup:

I'm a Canadian, but have been fortunate enough to see all of these Civ4 and Civ5 wonders:
Apostolic Palace
Big Ben
Brandenburg Gate
Broadway
Chichen Itza
Eiffel Tower
Hollywood
Notre Dame
Pentagon
Rock N Roll
Sistine Chapel
Statue of Liberty
The Louvre
The United Nations
Versailles
Red Cross - if giving blood counts
Wall Street - if just walking on it counts, or losing money on it :)

Apostolic Palace - though it's not so easy to notice it apart from the Vatican Museum... the graphics are actually St. Peter's Cathedral
Notre Dame - tip: climb the towers (or the one that's in the tour XD), the gargoyles really are inspiring, Victor Hugo was on to something.
Stonehenge - sadly not during solstice, so I couldn't walk through it, just around.
Eiffel Tower - I actually once had a rendez-vous after half a year of absence with a French girl under the Eiffel Tower. Sounds better than it was though.
Hagia Sophia - amazing, notwithstanding the steep entry fee. Ironically the Turks preserved the Byzantine mozaics perfectly, by plastering them over.
Parthenon - ok, I guess. You can't go inside, it's kind of reconstructed, half the sculptures are in London... I'm quite into archeology but this place sort of tries to bridge the gap between archeological and reconstructed site and it doesn't really work imo.
Sistine Chapel - Probably my favorite from this list, that I've seen anyway. The Civilization II movie captures it perfectly, it really is a divine piece of art.

Not a sausage. I haven't even managed to see Stonehenge, the Globe Theatre or Oxford University, which is a bit lazy of me.

Hmmm...

Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame on a day trip to Paris
Chichen Itza on an excursion while holidaying in Mexico in 2007.
Stonehenge on a drive past on the way to Devon.
Globe Theatre on a London day trip.

Oh, and bits of the Parthenon we stole from Greece that are sitting in the British Museum!

Internet!!!!!
Alright, having never been abroad before, I only went to Beijing last year and had a vision of the Great Wall.

Pics or it did not happened! It might become nice collection of civfanatics posing in front of world and national wonders :)

I'll start with my only visited - the Globe Theater. Which is a shame, as I live just few hours driving from half the ancient wonders :( . But this will make nice challenge :)

And I think The Internet could be considered CERN in Switzerland.

Attachments

• DSC_0958_.jpg
    DSC_0958_.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 299
That is a fairly awesome idea.

Here's me (and my sister) and the Kremlin.

Spoiler :

If it were to suddenly explode, a "cool guys don't turn around" caption would be perfect.

An mushroom cloud would be possible ^^.

Pics or it did not happened! It might become nice collection of civfanatics posing in front of world and national wonders :)

Everyone who also has a Civ box on the image gets a big digital cookie from me :).

Internet!!!!!
Alright, having never been abroad before, I only went to Beijing last year and had a vision of the Great Wall.
The Internet technically is not a wonder :p Same for Apollo ...

Oh and @ Arnold_T : where the %#&&$ is Rock N Roll ? Graceland ? ;)

Let me see my share ...

Versailles
Eiffel Tower
Notre Dame
Parthenon
Oracle ( or what's left of it :/ )
Palace ( My country has a boatload of them ... I live 5 Km of 3 Royal palaces, just for starters ( this one, this one and this one ( sorry , no english wiki in here :/ ) ) and I've been in all of the Palaces that are linked in the bottom of the wiki pages of the first two :p )
National Park ( the first royal palace in the previous item is on a National Park :D That's something you don't see often in Civ IV :p )

@The_J

I might get that done if I have the time ( for the Palace, though :D )

Oh and @ Arnold_T : where the %#&&$ is Rock N Roll ? Graceland ? ;)

Personally I'd say that counts :D.
Else the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame.

@The_J

I might get that done if I have the time ( for the Palace, though :D )

Sadly I don't think that will be very recognizable :/.

Personally I have been to Wall Street, UN, a Palace, if count the White House as a "Palace", Broadway Statue of Liberty and Stonehenge, when I was younger.

Apostolic Palace
Notre Dame
Eiffel Tower
Kremlin
Statue of LIberty
United Nations
Versailles

Hermitage

Internet!!!!!

You should have dropped by the Forbidden City, which I believe is the Forbidden Palace in the game.

I assume seeing on TV does not count right?

Well for me I've seen 2. The Pentagon seen from a distance while driving through DC. And the Statue of Liberty seen from a distance while driving through NY. Both were seen a day apart from each other. (I was on a road trip from Georgia to extreme northern New Hampshire 500 feet from the Canadian border to visit my grandparents.)

Apostolic Palace
Broadway (once lived there)
Status of Liberty
Eiffel Tower
Notre Dame
Versailles (lived there too; well actually two blocks away)
Hollywood
UN

Civilized Jewellers (the Diamond district of NYC)

Despite being to DC several times, I don't recall seeing the Pentagon.

From other versions of civ: Hoover Dam and Big Ben.

World Wonders
Eiffel Tower
Notre Dame
Temple of Artemis (What's left of it)
Hagia Sophia
Apostolic Palace (I skipped the Sistine Chapel, though...dumb decision)

National Wonders
West Point

Top Bottom