1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

So, who's next: Iran or North Korea?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by joespaniel, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Sultan Bhargash

Sultan Bhargash Trickster Reincarnated

Don't you understand Gael- when you let him get away with it once, then twice, it emboldens him. The list will get longer.

2. sween32

sween32 The Worthless

where is Ike when ya need him? ;)

3. sysyphus

sysyphus So they tell me

That's if it goes perfect. Any sign that the war has been at all costly public opinion in the US will be so overwhelmingly against further actions that Bush would not be able to ignore it.

Or so I would imagine, but I'm sure you know America better than I do.

4. DarkerMotives

DarkerMotives Made Man

I say we go after the U.S next they are a nuclear power and out of control..

Bush has 1 year to disarm or Canada invades.

5. addiv

addiv Hero of our time

for catholic critics of the war:

Attached Files:

6. sween32

sween32 The Worthless

the whole situation bothers me. this guy could face some serious reprocussions if you take a close look at what he's already done and at his future plans. he's putting the country in danger now, and even more danger when he's long gone. we're going to be paying for this war for a long time, and his idea of doing tax cuts at the same freakin time is going to screw us over even more. yeah, great, i like tax cuts too, but do you want this country to go back into the depression? is he even doing anything about social security so we DON'T go back into the depression?

my own mother will not be able to retire because of this guy, and that really pisses me off.

but hey! no time to worry about that! we've got iraqi's to kill and french to threaten!

Attached Files:

7. gael

gael Ard Ri

I believe that the war in Afganistan was just.

I don't think that Bush is getting away with this war. Hes doing it now not to lose face, but hes completly exausted his influence abroad by doing it.

There is no way he could go to war straight after this one. It just dosn't make sense given the current political envoriment.

The US is good, but they're not that good.

8. sween32

sween32 The Worthless

pretty soon they will have every right to.

no problems with the afganistan war. none at all. 100% just and needed.

9. ozscott75

ozscott75 Groper of Sand

You have absolutely no stamina.

Does the US (or UN) have the right to prevent other countries from developing any sort of weapons technology?

10. gael

gael Ard Ri

Yes, because they have them already, so they can call the shots.

Its not about the UN or US stopping other countrys from devoloping nukes or WMD, its about unstable leaderships or forms of goverment in those countrys developing them and using them.

11. ICBM

ICBM -

im sure every amercian wants GWB to go back into somalia as part of the war on terror and get some revenge on those sons of b*****

12. gael

gael Ard Ri

I'm sure your right, but most Americians are'nt that naive to think that thier country can take on the world alone.

I'm guessing you've just watched a film or documentory.;)

The reality is, a lot of Americians don't want to sacrifice thier liberitys at home in the fight to bring democracy to other countrys.

If its screwing thier own democracy and freedom up, whats the point?

(I could be wrong though)

13. Drewcifer

Drewcifer Agent of Karma

Canada might seem sweet and innocent right now, but after they get their hands on our nuclear weapons, beware. It will be Canada uber alles.

Back on topic, I think this will be the last American war for a while. Whether attacking Iraq is the best policy is debatable. The cases for attacking North Korea and Iran are meager at best. With North Korea, the risk of Seoul getting nuked is already there, if we attack it only becomes more likely. In Iran, I suspect that our problems will eventually be solved by the Iranians themselves. Americans have no stomach for endless war.

14. Drewcifer

Drewcifer Agent of Karma

On what basis do you make this utterly absurd statement? Most Americans are above war in the name of revenge.

15. cgannon64

cgannon64 BOB DYLAN'S ROCKIN OUT!

"Most people ask, Why Now, Senator? Why go for Iraq now?"

"Its pretty obvious. Its all alphabetical. Started with Afganistan, now Iraq, then we'll go after North Korea, Switzerland, and we hope to finish up with Zimbabwe."

I love SNL. :lol:

16. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

Darn, Afganistan to Iraq. We missed Canada and France.

17. nihilistic

nihilistic Intergalatic Delivery Boy

A few points about China and NK:

1. Tibet never has been and never will be a bargaining chip. Nobody apart from US cares anyway, and the US reasons for caring are dubious too. Taiwan, on the other hand, might be a bargaining chip.

2. North Korea does have a semi-legitimate reason for the buildup: imminent US invasion. It was Bush's "Axis of Evil" designation that got NK worried for its safety. Then Bush broke the US end of the Nonproliferation deal by refusing to provide aid. Seeing that this is not enough, Bush goes on to show NK what it means to be named in the "axis" by invading Iraq while ignoring the opinions of basically everybody else in the world. If this kind of behavior doesn't mean "you're next", I don't know what is.

3. Neither China nor Russia is going to start realistically pressuring North Korea. Why? Simple: they are not the ones who caused this mess (see point 2). Getting themselves involved in this mess will mean that they will both have to deal with Bush's childishness regarding the negotiations and be blamed afterwards for a failure that Bush will cause.

4. This is NOT to say that I in any way want to see the NK government to go on. My point is that war or threats of war aren't the way to go. As you may have witnessed in history and/or civ3, Communism is good for nothing else but war, but they are damn good at war. However, their internal problems will become more and more apparent during peace time.

5. Also, this final point is rather OT to the NK situation but i deem it still relevant: One of the main reasons that China, again, along with most of the rest of the world, is "officially" opposed to the latest US-led UN resolution regarding Iraq is Bush's attitude. For that, i refer you to this article: http://www.msnbc.com/news/882083.asp

18. Sultan Bhargash

Sultan Bhargash Trickster Reincarnated

Nihilistic, that article you posted the link for was excellent, and dead on target.

The only thing is, if North Korea already really does have nukes, I'm glad Bush doesn't talk to them or about them much...

19. gael

gael Ard Ri

nihilistic:goodjob:

I agree 100%

I said it before in another post.
    Its not what Americia are doing thats causing the protests, its Bushs braindead dipromacy that has put the world on idiot alert.

20. ozscott75

ozscott75 Groper of Sand

Define unstable. Iraq has had 1 government with 1 leader for the last 20(?) years. How many different governments has the US/UK/Australia had in that time?

Which countries have the right to develop WMD?