So wonders do not become obsolete at all anymore?

Wuddel

Warlord
Haven't found any indication of that in the manual. This would suddenly make some early wonders incredible. I am thinking Colossus on Archipelago maps here for example.

Haven't found any indication of that in the manual. This would suddenly make some early wonders incredible. I am thinking Colossus on Archipelago maps here for example.

This is great news. I like it!

I really hoping they dont.

I like the colossus wonder too and want to main as Elizabeth. In previous Civ games it went obsolete far too quick (Astronomy in Civ IV which is a must for seafaring games? What a joke!).

All those science wonders obsoleting at scientific method was silly as well.

I think it's realistic that wonders stop being "functional" after a set amount of time because as in real life they're eventually no longer functional and just a point of interest.

The strategy guide says that The Colossus goes obsolete with Navigation. The manual does not have that information (although tbh the manual is rather light on the information). We will know in a little over 4 hours.

5 of the 7 Ancient Wonders burned down.
Of the 'official' 7 ancient wonders only 1 remains today - The Pyramids.

Only 2 of them was destroyed by fire - Temple of Artemis and Statue of Zeus (unless you are also counting Great Library, which was in fact not one of the 'official' wonders).

The Colossus, Lighthouse and Mausoleum was all destroyed/damaged by earthquakes and the remains dismantled for other uses.

It is unclear exactly what destroyed the Hanging Gardens (or if they ever existed at all), but the most popular explenations are an earthquake, wars and lack of maintenance - or possibly a combination of all 3.

RE: Hanging Gardens

I just read about Babylon in order to speculate more about their civ stats. I was surprised at how many times Babylon has actually been rebuilt. It was actually razed by the Assyrian's twice and then (after the post-Chaldean period when the gardens were purportedly built) suffered at least half a dozen exchange of hands before it was razed for the last time.

yea i kinda hope they don't either, for example the stone hedge doesn't become any less special with the passing of time.

Well, I think that some wonders need to become obsolete after awhile. I remember a discussion about the Great Wall. Early in the game, when borders are still relatively small it is a nice effect. Later on, when borders are large and mature, it is a bit over power. Definitely needs to become obsolete at a certain point.

Top Bottom