1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

So you want to see gameplay, huh?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by 2K Greg, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Terxpahseyton

Terxpahseyton King, Warrior, Prophet, Magician, Lover

Or they just forgot about it / skipped it. In Civ3 the same problem existed and I have a hard time to imagine that this was necessary.

2. mmix2000

mmix2000 Chieftain

omg, is there a moderator in this forum?

I am trying to read about Civ5 and all I read about on half the pages is what the guys were wearing?!? wtf? Since when are Civ players so shallow, didn't it used to require some mental capacity to be a civ fan? Has revolutions did this to franchise, attracted that crowd?

Moderators should really delete messages about dressing habits of other people. Its plain moronic and outright insulting to the upper half of bell's curve. They were not naked and that's where all consideration should stop

3. Bad Brett

Bad Brett King

Should it be allowed to criticise a politician, for dressing in a dirty T-shirt and a pair shorts during a public speech, on a politics forum?

Though I don't think that it was such a big deal, it's still understandable that some people react on that this people can't even dress properly when doing a live broadcast, when common people have to wear a tie for work every day. In the jobs that I have had, it has been completely unnacceptable to hold even a local presentation without having a business suit.

And this is not a matter of opinions, it's a matter of respect. Of course it should be allowed to point out issues like this one.

But to make it perfectly clear: I don't think that this particular presentation was disrespectful in any way, but I can still understand that some people felt it was.

4. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

Please use the "report post" button to bring what you believe to be problematic posts to moderator attention. With the sheer number of posting going on in this forum, we don't always find such posts ourselves.

And actually, there are already a lot of posts in this thread that have been deleted because they were inappropriate or spam, just FYI.

5. Lightzy

Lightzy Warlord

Pipboy shirt! awsome!

Nice podcast

6. DiRectum

DiRectum Chieftain

I didnt watch the entire show, but is there any reason why the African continent was this empty? Few citystates + Japan only? I would expect the biggest share of the worldmap to be divided already (since it was 1500AD).

Any ideas on why the citadel was not build on the tile that connects Africa with Asia?

ps. This world map looks awsome!! Is it included in the retail version?

7. Schuesseled

Schuesseled Deity

I thought that was what all Americans looked like, I didn't know you guys had shirts and ties too :p

Excellent gameplay and lots of new things to see can't wait till the 21st.

@above post the citadel was probably built back when france had two cities on what was quite fairly gregs side of the map.

8. PieceOfMind

There was a map in the custom game menu called "Earth", which IIRC generates a map (not sure whether there's some randomization or not) for the specified mapsize. This means the answer to your question is probably yes. :)

9. spyroware

spyroware Chieftain

To add my thoughts too

I've spend many hours reading articles and other info all these months, but really this hour and a half (I didnt watch all of it) was the most informative, oh well :<

The game looks great. I hated combat in the previous games, but it seems this one will actually make me interested into waging war often, which for me is a big thing to say.

When the graphics cockup came up, I kinda felt bad for them. Basically because of all those silly messages that were flooding the chat at that point "preorder cancelled". Way to go guys. By the time I figured out how to log in that thing to say Ill buy an extra copy for every moron who said that, the livestream was up again.

Once more, the game looks great.

Also Greg's thin arms where too cute for words.

10. The citadel is where it is because he was using it to liberate Vienna.

11. Warl0rd

Warl0rd Chieftain

I can't control to which hex my city is going to expand!? Biggest joke for me:lol:. Where is the "AI, please can you control everything - i can't think on my own"-button?

Ai on almost highest level with 4 times the points of the player can not take him down? Also a good one - I am not impressed.

Maby interesting to get the game in 1-2 years with a new computer and all the add-ons and DLC.:gold:

12. DiRectum

DiRectum Chieftain

@above post and other similar posts
    What people are forgetting here, is that they actually didnt play a lot of turns, but given time Napoleon would overrun him. Besides that...the *edit* bushido special ability *edit* is really very powerfull. Japan will definately be the first civ i play with!

13. Schuesseled

Schuesseled Deity

.....................................^

14. mmix2000

mmix2000 Chieftain

@Bad Brett

you are absolutely in your rights to scorn a politician for wearing a t-shirt if that is your beef. But you should not be allowed to do it by trolling in a topic on, say, social policy but instead place it in a separate topic dedicated to fashion of today's politicians. There you and those who are interested in scorning or defending someone for their clothing practices can have a field day of scorning and defending without wasting mine or anyone else's time.

(btw, a slight offtopic since everyone else is doing it, our species sad ability to choose their leaders on form instead of substance is rather a matter of shame than pride)

@PieceOfMind, I should not have to flag stuff as inappropriate, since it largely is not inappropriate. But it definitely is misplaced and grossly off-topic in a thread about a computer game and its mechanics which should be more than enough of a reason for you to clean up this conversation. You can do that by either deleting clothing related posts or by moving them in a separate thread of such nature. Moderating 101.

15. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

On that note, the Iroquois are pronounced Ee-Row-Coy. Don't pronounce the last S because it's a French thing (the word Iroquois comes from the French asking their neighbors who they were and their neighbors, who weren't fans, called them "snakes", which, in their language, sounded like Iroquois to the French).

Just thought I'd give a helpful pronunciation tip. I realize that you guys have far more you need to know that useless trivia like that, so we can help you out on the trivia. I can't help you on Ramkhamhaeng, though (my guess is Rom Kom Hong, but I have no idea).

16. Schuesseled

Schuesseled Deity

@mmix Its against the rules to spam and that includes off-topic talk, report posts that break the rules.

17. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Moderator Action: Next fashion comments will get infracted.

18. Mobisto

Mobisto Chieftain

Guys, the best way to deal with trolls is ignoring them...

The demo looked really cool. Civ5 is civilization alright, but much more realistic (well, except the GDR!) and fun. Finally some strategic elements to combats instead of the stack of doom.

2K, you didn't win a new customer with me; but I sure feel much better now about my collector edition pre-order :p
    C-7!

19. PieceOfMind

If you aren't prepared to take the few seconds it takes to report a post, then don't complain if moderators don't see it and act on it. The main point of reporting a post is to bring a moderator's attention to it.

20. evrett37

evrett37 Prince

Anyone notice mix there has made a total of 2 posts both attacking the fashion post..have the courage to post on your main fella. Its bet its one of the 2k people.