So you want to see gameplay, huh?

2K Greg

<span style="font-weight:bold; text-decoration: un
I'm just going to go ahead and leave this here for you:
http://www.civilization5.com/#/community/live_stream

Spoiler :
People have written emails and posted on the forums asking to see more of the game. Screenshots are all well and good, but it seems that many of you want to see what the game looks like in action.

Well, I have heard your requests and have decided to show you how the game looks in action in the best way I could think of: A 2-hour live stream of the game during which Garrett Bittner, our Producer for Civilization V, will be there to answer your questions while I play through a game!

The first part of the broadcast will be the beginning of the game, starting with launching the game, picking game settings and settling down my first city. After a while of that, I’ll load up a saved game so that I can show off the gameplay from the mid- or late-game.

While I play, I’ll be reading your comments in the uStream social stream, where you can tell me what it is you want me to do. Simply Tweet your comments to @2kgames or use the built-in uStream Social Stream feature and I’ll see it!

The broadcast will start on Monday, September 13th, at 1pm PDT, on the 2K Games Live uStream channel.

So head on over to the channel and RSVP for the event! This will be the most gameplay footage we have ever shown of Civilization V, so you will not want to miss it!

Will this also be recorded and posted, or can it only be watched live?

oh, WOW. Very cool!

That is (I believe) 3pm CST so I need to leave from work a bit early or stay late and watch the whole thing from my office. Probably should leave early... :)

Nope, crap, I'll have to teach next Monday at 4pm. Fudge. Well, I hope there will be a way for us to see if that miss it live!

Monday at 1 P.M? Who decided on that horrible time?

This sounds delicious. Probably I won't be able to follow it live, but I look forward to watch a recording of the event later. Would be nice to have it in HD quality.

Monday at 1 P.M? Who decided on that horrible time?

I wanted to make sure it was early enough that it wouldn't be when a lot of people are stuck in commute traffic on their way home. :)

Not the best time, I have to say, but I might try to catch a bit of it. I'm sure someone will repost it somewhere, though.

Edit: Glad there's going to be a replay. I was hating the idea of having to try and watch something with screaming children hovering about. Haha. :)

I wanted to make sure it was early enough that it wouldn't be when a lot of people are stuck in commute traffic on their way home. :)

But it's in the middle of the school day :(

If you did it on the weekend, it would make sense, but on Monday?

EDIT: crosspost, a recording's better than nothing I guess :)

If you did it on the weekend, it would make sense, but on Monday?

Sometimes I think you guys forget that this is my job, and I don't work on the weekends ;)

Really? You think it's better if they're at work/school than in the car? I doubt you'll get anyone in the US besides the unemployed civ players showing up for this.

It's a nice thought, but you're using the same timing my college president did when she didn't want any students to show at her event. I'll watch the recorded portion and hope that some good questions get asked from the limited number of people there. We're counting on you Europe!

Greg you should be chained to your desk 24/7, who told you about "Weekends"?

Seriously though, I'm not familiar with ustream, is there a limited amount of people who are able to watch? Do I need to sign up for it in advance, and get a username etc?

awww, I misread the post, I thought the live stream was happening now, I was just about to go make some popcorn, got so exited for nothin.

Oh well, I look forward to watching the footage in the evening on Monday. I will, unfortunately, be at work during the live stream, but that's ok, I understand, I assume the community will be well enough armed with questions that most of mine will be answered anyway. Anything not answered, will more than likely be answered on the 21st anyway.

Well, I presume it's a little bit of both. Either way, it's not relevant for us east coasters. We're looking at 4pm. That's not too bad, but I'll show up a bit late. Still, I figure most could make it by 5 at the latest (or take off early).

Overall, this should be fun (if even just for the replay).

EDIT: It's also 9pm GMT, so it's early enough in the day to keep European Civ players involved, without being too early for most people in California.

Where does the "Weekend" tech kick in? Modern era I'm guessing. Can the Barbecue National Wonder be built before it is researched?

awww, I misread the post, I thought the live stream was happening now, I was just about to go make some popcorn, got so exited for nothin.

Oh well, I look forward to watching the footage in the evening on Monday. I will, unfortunately, be at work during the live stream, but that's ok, I understand, I assume the community will be well enough armed with questions that most of mine will be answered anyway. Anything not answered, will more than likely be answered on the 21st anyway.

I thought the same thing, lol.

I will be in attendance though.

Sometimes I think you guys forget that this is my job, and I don't work on the weekends ;)

You aren't a robot or some sort of sentient program? Dissappointed. :sad:

Thanks for the stream. We will enjoy it.

You aren't a robot or some sort of sentient program? Dissappointed. :sad:

Thanks for the stream. We will enjoy it.

Maybe we are all part of a massive Turing test and Firaxis is calling their AI 2k Greg and using all of us to see how good it is....:hmm:

Top Bottom