Soccerteams (Europe)

Lets place a bet! I bet PSV does not qualify for the second round of the CL! Another trainer won't help! It's between the ears.... Is there any PSV fan who can convince me I am wrong?

ERIKK

Holland: FC Twente
England: Nottingham
France: Monaco
Spain: Valencia
Italy: Fiorentina
Germany: B. Dortmund
Scotland: Aberdeen
Finland: MyPa 47
Greece: Panathnks
Turkey: Fenerbahce

The game is called football (where is MrP?)
Fashionably late.

England: Liverpool
Scotland: Celtic
Wales: Bangor
Spain: Real Madrid
Holland: Ajax
Italy: Inter Milan (and Fiorentina)
Portugal: FC Porto

I hate any team in either the German or French leagues. And know little about any other league.

It seems to me that the premier league essentially almost the same is as the french league, with all the french coaches and players.

England: Man U and of course Grantham
The Netherlands : PSV
Spain : Valencia
Italy : Torino
Scotland : Celtic

most important:

Holland: Ajax
Germany: VfB Stuttgart
Belgium: Anderlecht
France: PSG
England: Arsenal
Spain: Barcelona
Scotland: Celtic (they kicked out Ajax, but still prefer them over Rangers)

just choosing one:
Italy: none
Greece: Panathinaikos
Portugal: Benfica
Sweden: IFK
Denmark: AaB
Norway: Rosenborg :p
Finland: FC Haka Valkeakoski, FC Lahti or HJK
Poland: Polonia
Rumania: Rapid Bukarest
Turkey: Fenerbache
Russia: Torpedo Moscow (best of all communist names)
Ireland: St Pat's something?
Israel: eeeer....Hapoel Haifa? :p

Holland: Ajax Amsterdam
Germany: Bayern Leverkusen
England:Arsenal(Bergkamp/Henry)
Scotland:Rangers
France:don't know
Russia:Dynamo Moscow
Italy: ditto
Spain:I'l have to say:Real Madrid

When I still used to like football, mine where:

England: Liverpool
Scotland: Glasgow Rangers
France: Olympique Lyonnais
Italy: Juventus

Well, since nobody mentioned a swiss team, I will (Yes, we DO know this sport [football, not soccer] here, sort of)

The team, of course, is FC Basel: they even tied Liverpool yesterday (albeit with lots of luck ;)

when I visited the UK I really enjoyed watching Manchester United.
This post reminded of something that I found quite annoying. Why is it that in all American television shows (Frasier, Buffy etc) when an Englishman refers to his favourite football team it is always Manchester United? And the really annoying thing is that the guy in Frasier (Dahpne's brother) comes from Manchester. He would support Manchester City not Manchester United. Sorry about that but it really does annoy me.

Maccabi haifa (Israel). I'm not so much into football to like one european team than another. Except those who lose to Haifa :D

Originally posted by MrPresident
This post reminded of something that I found quite annoying. Why is it that in all American television shows (Frasier, Buffy etc) when an Englishman refers to his favourite football team it is always Manchester United? And the really annoying thing is that the guy in Frasier (Dahpne's brother) comes from Manchester. He would support Manchester City not Manchester United. Sorry about that but it really does annoy me.
I've noticed that as well. Man U is probably the only team they know...
But you can't tell me that there are no United fans in Manchester itself, after all the club has some tradition.

I don't like them much because they get far too much attention in my opinion. But I'll never forget those glorious five minutes in 1999. :love:

Originally posted by MrPresident
He would support Manchester City not Manchester United. Sorry about that but it really does annoy me.

Lol and then you say that :rolleyes: Everyone in Manchester supports city, obviously...

Top Bottom