Social groups feature

Now get recruiting some more scrabble players so it doesn't look like I am stalking you Lucy ;)

What? I'm stalking you!

(I don't know who plays. I might make a thread in Other Games but it might be advertising. :undecide:)

Does anyone know how to add images to the "group album"?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any much activity going on about this particular feature anymore. After the initial hype, interest in it seems to have declined a lot.

Yes, because new things are more exciting than old things. That was always going to be the case... the decline in use that you've noticed can mostly be attributed to people getting bored with spamming and (some would say) abusing the new feature, leaving those of us who want to use it properly to, well, use it properly. The Scrabble group is a perfect example of how this feature can work well (sorry to bring the topic back to Scrabble again).

Same thing will probably happen with the tags, sooner or later. And no doubt you'll be straight in here when that happens, pointing out yet another symptom of the site's decline, huh, ESB? ;)

Same thing will probably happen with the tags, sooner or later. And no doubt you'll be straight in here when that happens, pointing out yet another symptom of the site's decline, huh, ESB? ;)
Yes, of course. As long as I l make constructive criticism, whose purpose is merely to improve this site, I can't see nothing with that.
I'm not obsessed with this site's decline either, because that's going to happen in any case sooner or later, without any real power on my side to prevent that. I just like to point out some problems and things which could be improved IMO whenever I see them. So you could say: I like to complain a lot! ;)

that's because bagel IS the decline of cfc.
Nowadays, I became virtually the backbone of OT! Substract my posting from that place and it'll look a deserted ghost town! :lol:

Edit:
We ahve turned-on bbcode in social groups, as well as increasing the max. character count per post to 2000.
With respect, ainwood, 2000 characters is woefully insufficient.

I joined the history group yesterday and tried to post in the introductory thread. I got a board message saying I was over 1000 characters over the limit. I cut out as much as possible, but was still too far over the limit. My post was not extraordinarily long, as normal posts go, and everything I said was pertinent to my personal experiences with studying history. Finally, I just scrapped my post and substituted a generic "I like history" (which really says nothing at all).

Please increase the character count some more - 2000 is really not enough, particularly for the groups that discuss the more serious topics.

With respect, ainwood, 2000 characters is woefully insufficient.

I joined the history group yesterday and tried to post in the introductory thread. I got a board message saying I was over 1000 characters over the limit. I cut out as much as possible, but was still too far over the limit. My post was not extraordinarily long, as normal posts go, and everything I said was pertinent to my personal experiences with studying history. Finally, I just scrapped my post and substituted a generic "I like history" (which really says nothing at all).

Please increase the character count some more - 2000 is really not enough, particularly for the groups that discuss the more serious topics.

Or you could just do multiple posts.

Back in the day, users used to hit the board character limit in the civ2 forum, so just split the posts up.

And violate the forum rules against consecutive posts? :rolleyes:

No, thank you.

Besides, it would have been a case of two-thirds in one post and one-third in another post, which makes no sense at all, to me.

It was more of a pain in my fingers, and an irritation in my emotions.

I still have the post, though. It's a good post, and I saved it even though there isn't anywhere to put it at the moment.

I would appreciate Ainwood addressing this issue, please.

BBCode is still not allowed in the group description. Could that be enabled too, please? :please: All we really need is text formatting ([b], [i], [u], [color], [size]) and hyperlinks. Since several groups have integral external sites, it would be very useful to be able to link right to them rather than making people copy-paste.

Top Bottom