Resource icon

[vanilla] Social Policy: Autocracy (vanilla)

MadDjinn

Deity
MadDjinn submitted a new resource:

Social Policy: Autocracy - Social Policy: Autocracy

Autocracy
A closer look at the social policy branch

Introduction

Autocracy, available in the industrial era, is for militaristic civilizations, dreaming of world conquest. It is a great policy branch if you want to end the game on a dominating note as you will be able to field a larger army, gain bonuses to combat and...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:
Autocracy is a good social policy only the late game is a little bit to short in my opinion in civ 5 but it will be increased in civ 5 god's and king really good to let autocracy shrine

I thought Big Ben and/or Mercantilism only gave discounts when purchasing buildings? Correct me if I'm wrong; correct your post if I'm right.

Update: I checked; you're right. Both the wonder and civic apply to all purchases.

Does anyone find the Autocracy finisher any good? I've never tried an all-war game (in Civ 4, an Elimination victory is rare, almost like a contingency victory, because holding empires that large will kill your economy, so i never go for them). I usually use war as a way to extend my empire, so even with very militaristic civs I still prefer Order.

Top Bottom