SOEv5 Unit Previews

Newest thing from the glutton for punishment:
Me-109 tailored to individual countries!

Sofar I have the Swiss, Spanish, Romanian, Bulgarian versions.

Looks like each nation that used the me109 will now have their own :)

Nice flavors!

Rundown on the last 2 lines, added recently:

Yugoslavia / Finland / Hungary / Germany (old)
3 different versions for Germany: B / E / G

Since the Me109 was build throughout the war, they can now upgrade to stay up to pace :)

just stumbled over some info: the markings on the romanian one might not be entirely accurate:
In 1944 Romania switched sided and the 109's flew alongside the Soviet Air Force carrying red. yellow and blue roundels.
Click! to find out more about this over here

Pre-Soviet:

Soviet Co-Belligerency:

Well I can still change it quite easily, I think. I just used the roundels because that particular picture I found with them had the wings as well. Most of the wings I had to guess at.

EDIT:problem solved.

Is this better Zeek?

Wyrmshadow said:
Well I can still change it quite easily, I think. I just used the roundels because that particular picture I found with them had the wings as well. Most of the wings I had to guess at.

EDIT:problem solved.
:) perfectomundo

minor countries and italy

The more I work, the more ambitious and accurate SOE is getting.

citizen001 said:
Wow, these planes are amazing! hope you do more than just planes tho.
Is that question of what I will be doing for v5 or what I am just capable of doing? Because I've done ships, tanks, artillery and even a cav.

To answer my own 1st question, I'll be doing everything that doesn't breath.

NO. WINTER is doing the infantry for v5.

I admire your work a lot, but I can't help wondering how wise it is to load the mod with this many units. It feels overkill considering that Civ3 warfare is very simplified by its nature. Also, how big is this mod going to be? In the era of the broadbands download sizes aren't as big issues as they used to be, but still - aren't you worried that many people will feel that the mod is so large for no good reason?

Of course, I'm not in your target group. I hate large scenarios with lots of units. I like my games small and my mods streamlined. However, I have a feeling that even more hardcore players may arch an eyebrow at a Civ3 mod that has hundreds of units just in airplanes.

I like the idea of a diverse military. It makes for more interesting game balance as well as better aesthetics. The problem is getting the game balance just right so that properly played every side as an equal chance. But even if you just have different looking icons for the same unit, doesn't the graphical variety strike you as more visually appealing?
After all, the game can be played with allot fewer icons then even Firaxas supplied. Sort of like AOE which allows some identical looking units to be upgraded from one to another... as in adding heavier armor, sharper swords, superior metal smithy, etc. Personally I am glad of the diversity. The world is diverse, the game should be too.
I'm not a fan of the scale (size) that wyrmshadow makes his vehicle (typcailly 3x's the pixels of stock), but even with this complaint, I'm glad he and others are supplying added visual flair to our beloved game.

ps: if you're going to advocate minimalism, you should change your sig where you advertise your own mod as anything but minimalist.

Top Bottom