[SoI]Fatimids Cultural Victory

I propose to begin the adventure on the following Monday with an incomplete list of players.

ok then.

I played 12 turns up to 990. Cairo founded on the wheat and Farama on the citrus. We flipped a spy and few other units. Spy was sent towards Byzantium, whom we will presumably spy on? Alexandria built a workboat from start, Cairo HoW and Farama worker. I sent the cavalry to Makuria.

Luckily Phrim only had a javelinman and a skirmisher as garrison and those were taken down with 66% and 85% odds. I razed it to make room for Aswan (1NE from camel, a real super-city).

Spoiler :

I continued to pillage their land and mercenary pool gave us a camel archer in Aswan, which I immeatidely hired. It took down an archer in Para with 54% odds and then our flanking I promoted berber cavalry withdrew the other archer, which was then destroyed by our other Berber cavalry. So no losses! :D

Spoiler :

So now we should decide few things:
  • Peace with Makuria?
  • Heal mounted units and continue to Mecca? They should be able to take it with ease.
  • What should Alexandria build? Orthodox missionary or Naveravank?
  • Farama could build the needed shia missonaries
  • We captured three workers, do we need more?
  • Tech path after Education
  • Next city were the acher is sitting between Cairo and Aswan?
  • Note that Makuria has a spearman in Tungul, so don't lose any units to it.
  • Garrison Aswan with the spearman, since there will be barb horsemen

Only thing you miss with my placement is the gems, which isn't that good anyways, but you gain sorghum and camel for fast growth & production.

I played 12 turns up to 990. Cairo founded on the wheat and Farama on the citrus. We flipped a spy and few other units. Spy was sent towards Byzantium, whom we will presumably spy on? Alexandria built a workboat from start, Cairo HoW and Farama worker. I sent the cavalry to Makuria.

Luckily Phrim only had a javelinman and a skirmisher as garrison and those were taken down with 66% and 85% odds. I razed it to make room for Aswan (1NE from camel, a real super-city).

I continued to pillage their land and mercenary pool gave us a camel archer in Aswan, which I immeatidely hired. It took down an archer in Para with 54% odds and then our flanking I promoted berber cavalry withdrew the other archer, which was then destroyed by our other Berber cavalry. So no losses! :D
No losses +3 workers +Camel archer and one available for hire :bowdown: it's great news after hard workday!

• Peace with Makuria?
    Why not, forced to adopt our crazy civics for easy R.I.P. for Merkulos; 10:gold: will never be superfluous:D;
  • Heal mounted units and continue to Mecca? They should be able to take it with ease.
    Go-go;
  • What should Alexandria build? Orthodox missionary or Naveravank?
    War Galley, worried about the boat;
  • Farama could build the needed shia missonaries
    Farama become our missionaries farm?;)
  • We captured three workers, do we need more?
    Yes, from Medina and Mekkah, for example;
  • Tech path after Education
    Agree;
  • Next city were the acher is sitting between Cairo and Aswan?
    Discuss, may be Duba;
  • Note that Makuria has a spearman in Tungul, so don't lose any units to it.
    If Makuria collapsed it'd be easy for capture Tungul without losses;
  • Garrison Aswan with the spearman, since there will be barb horsemen
    Nice.

P.S. Don't forget about blocking Acre, Homes, Aqaba and Tarabulus spawn.

ok, then I will post a plan tomorrow morning.

Sorry did not get the time this morning but my evening looks pretty empty.

So is there a penalty to having many cities in this mod? Seems like two that would be useful cities were razed.

So is there a penalty to having many cities in this mod? Seems like two that would be useful cities were razed.
Increasing the cost of science
Increasing the unstability for cities in foreign core and undeveloped cities

Qasr Ibrim - good city, but not possible to improve the hill on south, overlap with Aswan:(
Para - useless: overlap with Phrim(Qasr Ibrim), barley exhaused eventually, no production.
We need only supercity like Hama, Duba

Spoiler :

Duba(Hejaz)

Hama(Syria)

Maras(N.Syria)

Spoiler :

Cilikia, N.Syria and Syria

North of Hejaz

So cities need to be in really good spot or it will slow our research?

Is there any reason to build a settler during my set? Should I just build wonders and attack mecca/neutrals?

Is there any reason to build a settler during my set? Should I just build wonders and attack mecca/neutrals?
We need 2 settlers for Duba and Luxor(Al-Uqsur). Also we can harass Soba and Axum with new Camel merc for additional workers, pillage and XP from javelinman. But there is a threat to the sea for fishing boat near Alexandria, when we attack the independent.

So cities need to be in really good spot or it will slow our research?
We need that cities quickly become self-sufficiency, it needs: good production, a lot of resources and a large population.

I take that as a yes. So where is Al-Uqsur andDuba?

This is a lot new to learn. So the plan so far.

Build wonders, build 2 settlers, attack Mecca and steal workers.

I take that as a yes. So where is Al-Uqsur andDuba?

This is a lot new to learn. So the plan so far.

Build wonders, build 2 settlers, attack Mecca and steal workers.

Al Uqsur is were one archer is on sentry between Cairo and Aswan. Duba is on the Hejaz camel (see SanJose's screenshots!).

Conquer Mecca. ;) Settlers aren't a too big priority, but you can start one in Farama after the missionaries.

Top Bottom