Soirana wants to be a god - 01

You can keep the cottages and rush buy (in the end) if you have to. The new lands won't have them and they will need production the most for infra. Plus, you will get good production there without feeling the pain to bulldozer or wait for cottages.

You can convert the cottages too if you need when start amassing troops. And yes, Mecca is coastal, so no trouble to stop Saladin. I think you can reach it from your own land (can't remember) by bombers.

Most likely you won't be able to have Cristo Redentor for extra flexibility.

Assume that you are still sharing religions with Saladin and Izzy, the fact that your tech is still behind them atm suggests that you probably have more room for improvement of your diplomacy.

Assume that you are still sharing religions with Saladin and Izzy, the fact that your tech is still behind them atm suggests that you probably have more room for improvement of your diplomacy.

at least i will know that to work on....

This is the GNP of my empire of 1000 AD of my 1st warmonger challenge game, less than 1/2 of the average, ~1/3 of yours. You should be more than satisfied of you current GNP. ;)

The key is to achieve advanced military tech enough early to make a kill, and you have done it successfully with a WE/cat war. That's why I said your game was won already. You'll have no problem to go either space (then beeline to internet, Saladin has no chance to launch before you) or domination (start conquering from the weakest AI).

To 1310AD- basically doing major terraforming.

1130AD- hire few scientists to finish Communism in turn. Cancel all worker actions in order to rework some terrain.

1140Ad- decide trade away communism right now, as my plan is reach plants and factories ASAP and when try to mop some backward AI [more or less].
Issabella splits from Saladin easing my future [although their defensive pact is still meh.]
Start on Steam power.
1160AD-Spain gets Kremlin--- at least not Saladin. Well, you can't beat GE rush anyway.
1210AD Issy kisses arabian ring again [meanwhile i improve tech rate to 900+]... Maybe space was not that bad idea.
1220AD- another GS is born launch third GA in order to fix civics [I actually ended with emancipation and state property. Guess could shave simply countered unhapiness with HR instead, well, old bad habbits die hard.]

1270AD- done with AL, start biology more or less for trade [and somehow mage mass unhealthiness]

1280AD- Spiritual idiots on northern island decide to stop trading with Brenus
Great i just lost more health and 10gpt...
Spoiler :

I finally get these clams from izzy... [need to squeeze lighthouse in build orders]

1300AD- end of golden age. Wow, with SP, shrine and one very marginal city building wealth i have zero upkeep costs.

I meant this worse than marginal city
Spoiler :

After some donated misionairies [since bastards hapilly live in theology] shrine finally kicked off
Spoiler :

Well, it does build research only for turn to reach Biology turn faster.

1310AD- Biology... Well, i still have not much units but these powered cities [and coastal have drydocks] should do the trick...
Alternatively i tried putting all hammers on research. Can reach 1.5K so i would not exrule going for space as this would put less stress on my hardware.

Cuzco:
Spoiler :

Other hammer sites are not so good, but something like 4-5 units per turn is reality.

Just curious what are your present civics? Change the mines to windmills, so the city can grow and work more tiles... Doh the city is so unhealthy, it won't help w/ growing too much.

^^If you are not using the whip (I guess you won't ;)), this city is better with workshops than mils (engeeners are crap for production and you have already -6 due to health problems)...

While 1.5k beakers is nice, you have to keep AIs away from culture in deity as they will win faster this way than you can launch (usually, I am not saying you can't do it). Though I am not sure the AIs you are opposed to like culture...
In botm22, top 4 AIs had Apollo up in near 1500 ad...
I agree that space is far less time consuming and prolly less frustrating (I am thinking at you hardware too), but i would try to :hammer: here...

Good luck with your game, it's always a nice read :goodjob:

Cheers,
Ras

edit: @bestsss: that's the opposite he should do here, the city has too much food (I assume it's a production city and no whip).

Just curious what are your present civics? Change the mines to windmills, so the city can grow and work more tiles... Doh the city is so unhealthy, it won't help w/ growing too much.

US+Beaurau+Emancipaton+State+OR.... [Don't know, i played few times with this mess on immortal, worked well, although i used cottages in cap not workshops]

Imho, food is okay. Health is not. Not something i could fix easily now. I actually thought watermilling one more farm to stop growth.

So far i see no threats culture wise. I've been piling espionage on Sal since BC so if this comes close i should be able do something.

As long as i can get internet [and ironwork city should deal with it] i should fly away to the stars.

Excellent job! Still no blood spilled... x.x

>>US+Beaurau+Emancipaton+State+OR
Indeed, what a mess.
---
I shadowed the game and went axe rush to culture victory in 1830 w/ Sushi, Creative Con, Eiffel, Broadway, Kremlin, Hollywood and only a single great artist born just 2-3 turns before the end. Got Taj and 4 consecutive extended golden ages which put me well in the tech. lead but I was too lazy to go for conquest.

You had far faster global tech. rate, thanks to the common religion.

Spoiler :

Apparently space was easy :goodjob:. It might be helpful if you sometimes put up a save besides the screenshots. Screenshots are there to give a quick outlook of what happened but can never fully replace a save.

Congrats on being god! :goodjob: How do you feel?

Nice game bestsss!

Congrats on being god! :goodjob: How do you feel?

Same as before. Two gold cap is not something that happens each day.

Some more pictures and writeup:

So i decided to go peacefully while piling espionage on Saladin just in case.

Privateers were sort of problem. Luckily Ai could not use them properly and these were just tasty experience:

Spoiler :

Must say sory for ironclads. They can be useful vs AI.

I actually moved cap to cottaged place:
Spoiler :

mmm... and it started as one of three hammer cities to kill inca.

I wonderspammed a bit:
Spoiler :

Looking back should have built Cristo instead as switching from emancipation into caste late game would have been good.

At arround 1500AD Churschill had full hands so i built some units. Soon i saw some galleons moving in between me and Arabia and...

And our brother Saladin[also in full hand mode] declared on Churchill tearing away his frigates and ships of line. Stack landed in Arabia:
Spoiler :

Scary stuff :lol: considering i was mass mobilizng tack under railroad network:lol:.

The best part i was not even dragged into war.

Well, surprisingly Saladin made some progrees on England. So i had to bribe him away.
Spoiler :

He redeclared later and i had to bribe him away again,. since despite all prognosis he built United nations. In case Churchill had capped he might got enough votes.
As now he tried that few turns till victory
Spoiler :

not a chance.

Techs in end. That was not close race:
Spoiler :

The fact that Sal dropped researching at one point going for culture and after got involved in wars helped.

On other hand reaching stars in 1808 is mine personal best. [hindu tech fest helped a lot].

Now i just need to win without gold in initial cross. Guess part 02 coming soon.

Mighty amazed by Saladin researching mass media and obsoleting his own AP.
Very good research and game control.

Btw good that this time you didn't try to get extra diplo-points :D

Top Bottom