Solar Sistem (toroidal)

TPEHEP

Prince
Hi.

Made a map of the solar system. The map includes: Mercury, Venus, the Moon, the Earth, Mars and the asteroid belt - as you can see it in the picture.

Map of the Earth is close to the real. I tried to make each world/planet unique and interesting in its own way.

Map size: Gigantic
Earth size: +-Huge
Venus size: +-Huge
Mercury size: 1/3 Earth
Moon size: 1/4 Earth
Mars size: 2/3 Earth

Version 1 (cylindrical):

The map includes civilizations like: Germany, Russia, the United States, Britain, France, Spain, China, Japan, India. Each civilization starting position is close to real.

Aztek, Inca & Maya are not playable!

As a plus - the map has more realistic timeline, because the size of the map is gigantic.

Version 2 (toroidal):

The map includes civilizations like: Germany, Russia, the United States, Britain, France, Spain, China, Japan, India. Each civilization starting position is close to real.

Version 3 (toroidal) only with pepper2000 Space Terrains

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=567878

minor fixes, minor terrain changes, minor option changes

The map includes civilizations like: Germany, Russia, the United States, Britain, France, Spain, China, Japan, India, Ottoman, Korea, Australia, Ethiopia. Each civilization starting position is close to real.

Recomended pepper2000 Space Colonization modmod

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=561834

Just have fun.

Picture (V2):

V1 Map 4 SVN:

View attachment SolarSistem.rar

V1 Map 4 stable version:

View attachment SolarSistemStable.rar

V2 Map 4 SVN

Reworked all planets, added Phobos and Deimos.

View attachment SolarSistemV2.rar

Options

Options.jpg

Map

Map.png

V3 Map 4 SVN & pepper2000 Space Terrains

View attachment SolarSistemV3MM.rar

Very interesting. Why did you put it on its side (torroidal)?

Than Earth remained "ball" - it was possible to travel around the world on any planet.

UPD: On the right side map is limited to "orbit" and "void", so that, in theory, the horizontal impassable.

Than Earth remained "ball" - it was possible to travel around the world on any planet.

UPD: On the right side map is limited to "orbit" and "void", so that, in theory, the horizontal impassable.

What to do when the cards have the following errors several times,after closing the game just crashes? I have SVN 9155

Что делать если при загрузке карты появляются такие ошибки несколько раз,после их закрытия игра просто вылетает? У меня стоит SVN 9155

What to do then? Map looks very interesting

I added map that will work with stable version 36. You can try there.

Добавил старую версию, она стабильно работает до SVN 9148 и на обычной версии 36, попробуй.

I added map that will work with stable version 36. You can try there.

Добавил старую версию, она стабильно работает до SVN 9148 и на обычной версии 36, попробуй.

Thanks,what happened to make technologically advanced aliens are attacking the humans with their unidentified flying objects :D

Спасибо,осталось разве что сделать технически развитых инопланетян которые нападают на землян на своих неопознанных летающих объектах

Thanks,what happened to make technologically advanced aliens are attacking the humans with their unidentified flying objects :D

But why, Holmes ?!

Why technically advanced civilization, flown millions of miles through space replete with resources to attack Aborigen of strange, seedy, uninhabitable planet? :confused:

But why, Holmes ?!

Why technically advanced civilization, flown millions of miles through space replete with resources to attack Aborigen of strange, seedy, uninhabitable planet? :confused:

For example,this civilization over the resources on their planet or this planet will soon be destroyed, or they are Predators :D

For example,this civilization over the resources on their planet

Space replete with resources. No need to search for them on the inhabited planets.

or this planet will soon be destroyed :D

Space replete with planets. No need to setlement on the inhabited planets.

or they are Predators :D

One or two of arriving once a decade fool killing a couple dozen people do not deserve the image of a global strategy. :)

The one thing you cannot find in outer space is us - that is, rather intelligent beings. It could turn out that strong AI (human- or superhuman-like AI) is actually impossible. In that case intelligent beings could be a rare ressource in the universe, e.g. to compute something complex.

This is pretty much the plot that was originally planned for The Matrix and would have been far superior to the idea they came up with in the actual movie.

The one thing you cannot find in outer space is us - that is, rather intelligent beings. It could turn out that strong AI (human- or superhuman-like AI) is actually impossible. In that case intelligent beings could be a rare ressource in the universe, e.g. to compute something complex.

This is pretty much the plot that was originally planned for The Matrix and would have been far superior to the idea they came up with in the actual movie.

The human intellect is strongly overestimated. Again, it is not clear - why should capture the planet if you can raise the "intelligence" on the farm.

Why would someone need "intelligence" ressource, even if modern computers provide more processing power. Obviously weaker intellect - we do not fly between the stars in different. "Freedom of choice"? Not funny.

I am not speaking about processing power - AI is far away from the human level, at least right now. Even optimists don't expect human level AI to arrive before 2040, and there are reasons (e.g. the halting problem, Rice's theorem) that human level may be completely beyond AI, no matter what.

Perhaps the human intellect is overestimated, but that would only strengthen my point. If human level AI is already beyond the possible even when it might be on the lower end of the scale of beings, intelligence would be a valuable ressource indeed.

Regarding the farm, more is better. A spacefaring civilization might require a staggering amount of intelligence to function, and here are 7 billion (rather) intelligent beings living right here. There is no need to terraform (which would at least take a while), when this planet comes pre-colonized. For the advanced civilization it might just be cheaper to conquer a very weakly defended planet and put us to work.

And please do not confuse intelligence with knowledge. We are not more intelligent than a caveman who had the disadvantage to be born too early. And we are far less intelligent than Isaac Newton who knew nothing about splitting the atom. Lack of knowledge can be overcome with education - and a spacefaring civilization might have an education that doesn't take decades.

I am not speaking about processing power...

Sorry, bro. But my English is not good enough to support a serious discussion. A translator I do not trust in this matter.

Only. The farm is different than? In case of war should be: to win, to enslave, to demolish all the excess, you need to build all the breeding, use the resource further. In the pros - a large number of people start; cons in everything else. In the case of farms only need to build everything you need and breed. The minuses - a small starting amount.

Sorry, this time I didn't understand everything. But I will try to put it differently.

It could very well be that humans (or intelligent beings in general) have intelligence of a kind that computers cannot achieve anywhere in the universe. That kind of intelligence could be needed by a spacefaring civilization - a very large amount of it. More than their own planet could support.

Now this civilization has two options: Terraform any possible planet and colonize it (that certainly takes a lot of time and money) or look for planets with intelligent natives. These natives are probably unlike them so that they could not colonize that planet right now, but they could conquer the planet. After that, they train the natives as far as they need to and put them to work.

I agree with you insofar that there are no materials that wouldn't be cheaper to produce in their own system. Even changing atoms would probably be cheaper and easier than transporting materials across the galaxy.

It could very well be that humans (or intelligent beings in general) have intelligence of a kind that computers cannot achieve.

I am no expert but agree with this theory. IMO our brains have their own programmers, that reprogram as events happen ( with out looking it up - neurons plus etc.)

At the moment computers need us to do that. They may be able to do basic reprogramming, but if a new unknown problem happens - what can they do.

"Error 404" :)

After that, they train the natives as far as they need to and put them to work.

How many monkeys we have tamed the purpose of work?

What mighty interstellar civilization to domesticate and make work obstinate, sickly, stupid us?

Top Bottom