1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Solar System (5 Maps in 1)

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by Hydromancerx, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Using the Future Mod "Solar System" map script I was able to substitute in our terrains with theirs and generate 5 different maps in one map. Note this is not multi-maps.

Included are Earth, Luna, Mars, Venus, and Europa. Note they do not have all the types of terrains possible. This is also the first time I edited a map script so I am bound to get something wrong.

If anyone wants to help make this map better, such as allowing for all types of terrains for Earth, Luna and Mars please make it happen.

Like all map script they go in the mod's Private Maps folder.

Hopefully this can help us test out other terrains before multi-maps come out.

Enjoy! :goodjob:

Attached Files:

2. Nimek

Nimek Emperor

Maybe this is solution.

Generate one map for all five planets and switch between them via viewports.

Nota that in this case current viewports will be something like viewport of viewport of earth part of the map. In that case there are no problem vith turn synchronization between the planets.

3. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Wait, Hydro can write Mapscripts now?

4. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Not really. I just substituted in names of our terrain with their per-existing map script. Such as where theirs said TERRAIN_MARS I put in TERRAIN_MARTIAN_BARREN. Through trial and error I replaced most of what I think is right. However there are still some tags that were not replaced and just don't show up because no such terrain or terrain feature exists in our mod.

Thus if we are going to seriously think of adding this to the core mod we will need to support al the types of terrains on the 3 main maps. Such as Earth having all types of Earth terrains and Mars having all types of Martian terrains.

5. CIVPlayer8

CIVPlayer8 Prince

I'm sorry, I'm a little out of the loop. How is it possible to move from one planet to the next?

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

It isn't yet, someone needs to figure out the Python so as to switch between maps.

7. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Well since space uses coastal-like tiles I suppose you could use them like boats to cross space to the other lands at the poles. But yeah there is no other way in place like the multi-maps would do.