Soldiers numbers and difficulity

Mattlegod1966

Chieftain
Hi i stared to play RI a week ago befor i was plaing rom and AND 2 alot and i rly think this mod is promising.I have two questions....
1.Is the soldiers numbers in demografic screen showning good numbers coz i was plaing with my girlfriend she had 20 units i had 28 and i was still very bihaind in numbers in demografic screen.Is the higher tier soldiers count as more(for expample nordic swordsman is 2000 and homoi(greek soldier)is lets say 3000 coz he is better?)
2.Is AI always building so many units?i have start playing on monarch i was buliding units in my 3 cities like almost all the time(i had 3 cities quite fast and was building nordic swordsman they i rdy in 5 turns)and still cant even get close to rival avarage.It was early game not even medival era.Then i moved to noble still same horsehocky:D cant even hit rival avarage and im building units like 70 80% of all the things i building.I known that im noob at this mod but i was playing alot civ 4 so im not completly new to this game.Sry for my english TY

1. I don't really know how it's calculated. My guess would be it takes into account both military strength and total population, but I've never looked into that.
2. When I have a good start, by Medieval era I can usually keep up with AI civs in terms of military strength; at Noble I guess I'd dominate it. Since you don't provide much info, I have several hunches:
- Did you concentrate on one unit type? Units get progressively more expensive the more of a single type you build. Building a mixed army is much cheaper than a doomstack made of a single unit type.
- Did you found any doctrines/traditions with your GGs? Early on, they make a large contribution to your apparent military strength; perhaps AI civs don't have so many units as you think they do.
- On anything above Noble, you're at a disadvantage compared to AI. So at least until roughly Medieval, I wouldn't get worried too much if I can't keep up.
- Lastly, of course, the number of cities isn't telling much - perhaps you were severely behind in population and territory development, and should have concentrated on building up your economy first.

Top Bottom