Solo multiplayer game

omnishakira

Warlord
Hi,

the states of team games with computers is bad.

First if I'm teamed with a computer and I declare war, he can decide whenever he wants to end the war without consulting me.

It's even worse when 3 computer are in 1 team ; one start attacking CS and the other make peace with it and it restarts over and over again. it's the same when 1 AI in the team attack somebody, other AIs will make peace.

So my question is : Is the a way to make it less painful to play ? Can I somehow put a leader in the group ? Can I be the leader of my team and take the diplomatic decision ?

Edit : I realize the title of the thread is not accurate, should have been Solo team games, w/e

Unfortunately the teams function is pretty broken in Civ 5 for the reasons you state.

I managed to stay alive far longer than I should have during a teams game on Deity because I managed to get peace with a leader who liked me, forcing those leaders who wanted me destroyed to wait at least 10 more turns.

I'm pretty sure there aren't really any ways to really improve the teams function besides a mod (I'm not even sure a mod can fix it) or wait for Firaxis to improve it.

I checked mods and I havent seen a mod that could help this case :-/

I don't want to be the absolume team leader. I mean, I wouldnt mind having the AI in my team coming to me (or the other way around, depending on who started the war) and telling me that he doesnt want this war for x reasons. But the player who started the war should be the one in control of it

I feel like it's pretty awful and hope firaxis will improve it somehow eventually.

It's a shame that such a good game have such big problems like that

I checked mods and I havent seen a mod that could help this case :-/

I don't want to be the absolume team leader. I mean, I wouldnt mind having the AI in my team coming to me (or the other way around, depending on who started the war) and telling me that he doesnt want this war for x reasons. But the player who started the war should be the one in control of it

I feel like it's pretty awful and hope firaxis will improve it somehow eventually.

It's a shame that such a good game have such big problems like that

There is a way to make the teams works - Voting System.

Instead of going straight to it, each time somebody makes a big decision, i.e Attack, the team is forced to take a vote, if the majority wants, war, war begins, if majority wants peace, war doesn't begin.

While that sounds like a fantastic system, I don't think that would work with AIs, unfortunately.

...Unless that's a suggestion for the next expac, in which case it definitely has my support!

Top Bottom