[SOLVED] Finishing Petra in Renaissance removes it?

Has wonders disappeared for you before?

• [Q1] Never, because I don't bother with wonders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [Q1] Yes, Ancient/Classical ones

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • [Q1] Yes, Medieval/Renaissance ones

• [Q1] Yes, Induatrial and later ones

• [Q2] ...and its always seems to be the same few ones disappearing

• [Q2] ...and I notice no pattern, seems that any and every wonder could just decide to disappear

• [Special] Vote here if you have been able to reload and get the disappearing wonder built

• [Q1] Never happened and I built wonders normally

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mnf

King
SOLVED. Would it be possible for mods to remove this topic? Looks like I was mistaken.

maybe you missed that someone else built it?

Looks like that is the case. I managed to get it 3 turns earlier by shuffling some stuff and it didn't disappear. I also tried leaving it there and it disappeared with the proper notification.

It's still weird because the first time the notification only popped up like 3 turns after it disappeared. Probably just the notification queue.

----

TL;DR:
  • Game started from Ancient era.
  • Started Petra in Medieval Age.
  • Finished Petra in Renaissance Era.
  • Petra disappeared when it was supposed to be finished.
----

At first I thought somebody else built it, but then a few turns later, I receive a notification that someone else built it. So I reloaded a previous save and tried it out again. It disappears every time. Anyone also had this? I am no longer sure what exactly is the problem now, because...
  • Petra does have the "trait" that it is removed if "game started after Renaissance era". Perhaps the game also checks and doesn't allow Petra to be finished once Renaissance era starts?
  • I am also still getting the "Unmet player built Stonehenge" notification at turn 229, which is already probably the 6th time I'm getting this (and right-clicking it away). It also always appears with the "Saladin is defeated" message (wow that guy must be like a zombie to get defeated 6 times in the same game). So I can't rule out that someone had already built the Petra long time ago. I have been building this wonder for ages due to the low production.
So what exactly is it with these repeated notifications and disappearing wonders? I'm fine if I'm beaten but to think that this city has wasted maybe close to 70 turns building something that should have been cut off long time ago, really puts me off.

Look at this city! It would have been the crown jewel of the Sumerian Empire if Petra didn't just disappear!

Spoiler :

It's one thing being bad at a game. It's something else entirely when the game is buggy. How often do wonders disappear for you?

Last edited:
[Q1] Never happened to me, and I have built wonders many times.

What's up with the poll? How can you not include the most important option "Never happened to me and I build wonders more or less often"?

Added. And if you are really wondering how I could, well, sometimes people miss things. :(

Looks like that is the case. I managed to get it 3 turns earlier by shuffling some stuff and it didn't disappear. I also tried leaving it there and it disappeared with the proper notification.

It's still weird because the first time the notification only popped up like 3 turns after it disappeared. Probably just the notification queue.

Top Bottom