[SOLVED]Help with Self-created MOD not loading (First MOD)

Thomapotatoes

Chieftain
It look all fine when in the civilization choose interface. However, when click the 'start game' button, the leader name will suddenly change to 'invalid option'. Then, the background will go totally black with 'Loading, please wait...' in the middle, a few moments then it will change to 'Start Game', After click it, you will enter the game but have nothing and AI, CS and the barbarians will move automatically.

I used jasper kitty the feline with R&F will also get the same result. I am assume I miss something, but I check many times with other author's MOD it seem that nothing special different from the others.

What should I do? Where should I change? Or anything I need to add in?

(Here is the Modbuddy project version, the MOD version is below)

Attachments

• Test of Noxus.rar
    5.3 MB · Views: 144
Last edited:
What you attached is not a mod. It is the Modbuddy project for creating a mod.
Thanks for replying, sorry about the inconvenience, I thought project might be better to check where is wrong.
Here is the MOD.

Attachments

• Test of Noxus.rar
    17.7 MB · Views: 87
You stil have this reference to Jasper Kitty in your modinfo file
Code:
  <ActionCriteria>
    <Criteria id="LeaderCriteria">
      <LeaderPlayable>StandardPlayers::LEADER_JASPER_KITTY</LeaderPlayable>
    </Criteria>
  </ActionCriteria>
Since there is no such leader in the game or in your mod this is merely going to cause troubles. All your InGame actions are referencing this criteria to a non-existant leader.

After removing this criteria issue, try your mod again and check the Database.log and modding.log files for clues to any remaining issues if you still have problems.

You stil have this reference to Jasper Kitty in your modinfo file
Code:
  <ActionCriteria>
    <Criteria id="LeaderCriteria">
      <LeaderPlayable>StandardPlayers::LEADER_JASPER_KITTY</LeaderPlayable>
    </Criteria>
  </ActionCriteria>
Since there is no such leader in the game or in your mod this is merely going to cause troubles. All your InGame actions are referencing this criteria to a non-existant leader.

After removing this criteria issue, try your mod again and check the Database.log and modding.log files for clues to any remaining issues if you still have problems.

Thank you very much, I never thought that problem will appeared there.

Whenever I edit the criteria, after click the final OK, ModBuddy will stop and then will restart very soon, nothing will add in. If I start the game just remove LeaderCriteria and not add anything else, the leader name will not suddenly change to invalid option but will appear error -3045188730 after that.

Unfortunately, I'm very new to this and I don't know where the Database.log and modding.log files are. It seem that I miss some very important information about the final step of MOD creation. Where shall I find those information?

Thanks a lot

Database.log and modding.log are in folder Documents/My Games/Sid Meiers Civilization VI/Logs

You can manually edit the modinfo file using Notepad or Notepad ++ or any other text editor program to remove all the references to the Action Critieria after the mod is generated when you do the "Build" in ModBuddy. The modinfo file is created by ModBuddy but it is just an xml text-only file with a different extension name than other xml-files.

When using Modbuddy, you may have to remove all the InGame actions "Criteria" references before you can remove the Action Criteria that lists Jasper Kitty as a criteria.

Database.log and modding.log are in folder Documents/My Games/Sid Meiers Civilization VI/Logs

You can manually edit the modinfo file using Notepad or Notepad ++ or any other text editor program to remove all the references to the Action Critieria after the mod is generated when you do the "Build" in ModBuddy. The modinfo file is created by ModBuddy but it is just an xml text-only file with a different extension name than other xml-files.

When using Modbuddy, you may have to remove all the InGame actions "Criteria" references before you can remove the Action Criteria that lists Jasper Kitty as a criteria.

Thank you really much, finally know where the problems are, I will check remaining issues myself. Cheers.

Top Bottom