[GS] solved/ Things Fall Apart Achievement

jwolf713

Chieftain
As in the topic, does anyone know how to get this achievement: "Things Fall Apart", because I lost 4 cities and nothing?

You lost all four cities upon entering (not during) a Dark Age while playing Dranatic Ages?

You lost all four cities upon entering (not during) a Dark Age while playing Dranatic Ages?
In the first approach to this achievement, no, it was not simultaneously. First two, then one more and one more. Perhaps this was the reason why the achievement was not activated. But the second time I already succeeded and lost more than 4 cities during the transition to the Black Age.

I am having difficulty with this one too. No matter what I do, I always seem to lose 3 cities.

I have tried different difficulties between Warlord and Emperor in case the number of cities might increase with difficulty (it does not seem to matter).

My approach is to take my initial continent in the first 2-3 eras (depending on size and number of opponents) and then expand at the end of an era planting several settlers on other continents close to AI players so that they have low loyalty. In my latest attempt, I planted 7 cities within the 5 turns before the end of an era. As the Dark age pops, 3 cities flip, and then as my turn starts, 3 more cities flip (total of 6) with the 7th ready to flip 1 turn later...and nothing, no achievement.

It seems that the actual Dark Age game mechanic must cause 4 cities to flip, but I am unsure how to make this occur. Can someone who has completed this help with some advice?

I am having difficulty with this one too. No matter what I do, I always seem to lose 3 cities.

I have tried different difficulties between Warlord and Emperor in case the number of cities might increase with difficulty (it does not seem to matter).

My approach is to take my initial continent in the first 2-3 eras (depending on size and number of opponents) and then expand at the end of an era planting several settlers on other continents close to AI players so that they have low loyalty. In my latest attempt, I planted 7 cities within the 5 turns before the end of an era. As the Dark age pops, 3 cities flip, and then as my turn starts, 3 more cities flip (total of 6) with the 7th ready to flip 1 turn later...and nothing, no achievement.

It seems that the actual Dark Age game mechanic must cause 4 cities to flip, but I am unsure how to make this occur. Can someone who has completed this help with some advice?
Number of cities scales with difficulty, AI loses less, Player loses more with each difficulty, THis is a percentage, where at least 1 city will always flip.

I don't remember off top of my head waht the % are though. But the more cities you have, the more cities you will lose during Dark Ages.

I believe the achievement requires you to lose 4 cities at the same time, not 4 cities while playing (that'd be silly, it woudl be the easiest achievement ever considering you will always lose a city during a Dark Age regardless).

I think the achievement actually requires the start of the Dark age to trigger the loss of four cities. This is my gripe, because I managed to engineer 7 cities ready to flip at the end of the era and the Dark age only triggered 3 of them with 3 more triggering at the start of my turn (so 6 cities were lost between the end of 1 turn and the beginning of the next). The 7th held out for one additional turn. I don't think I can intentionally engineer the situation any better than this.

I think the achievement actually requires the start of the Dark age to trigger the loss of four cities. This is my gripe, because I managed to engineer 7 cities ready to flip at the end of the era and the Dark age only triggered 3 of them with 3 more triggering at the start of my turn (so 6 cities were lost between the end of 1 turn and the beginning of the next). The 7th held out for one additional turn. I don't think I can intentionally engineer the situation any better than this.

It's a set pct of cities that flips (up to 40% at deity). So if you're playing at Deity you need 10 cities (or probably 9 with rounding) for 4 of them to flip immediately at the start of the dark age. On the lower levels you would need more cities.

Top Bottom