1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] [SOLVED] Unique units don't replace units they are supposed to replace

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by Zobtzler, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Zobtzler

Zobtzler Chieftain

The civ I'm currently trying to make as 3 unique units, where 2 of them replaces 2 existing units. The problem I'm having is that the current units don't get replaced (Both the new unique units and the old existing units can be built/bough at the same time)
    I have still included the <UnitReplaces></UnitReplacesType> for both units.
    Link to latest version of the mod

2. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

You have no TraitType designation in the <Units> table for the units that are meant to replace standard units. The game cannot link the unit to your leader or civilization without a TraitType designation for a trait that belongs to either the leader or the civ. So it does not know for whom these units should replace the standard Musketmen and Pikeman.

Zobtzler likes this.
  3. Zobtzler

Zobtzler Chieftain

Yup, that fixed it.
    Thanks a lot!