1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED] Wonder to modify building yield

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by TheOneHitPupper, Feb 18, 2020.

1. TheOneHitPupper

TheOneHitPupper Chieftain

Trying to get a wonder to provide Public Schools additional science after it is built. Is there an easy way to do this or do I have to go about using Lua?

*EDIT*: I found a way to do it using this table from Whowards DLL:

<Building_BuildingClassYieldModifiers>
    <Row>
    <BuildingType>BUILDING_APOLLO</BuildingType>
    <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_PUBLIC_SCHOOL</BuildingClassType>
    <YieldType>YIELD_SCIENCE</YieldType>
    <Modifier>50</Modifier>
    </Row>
    </Building_BuildingClassYieldModifiers>

The modifier acts as a percentage. I'd like to find a way to do it as a flat rate instead, so if anyone has any suggestions based on that, feel free to add to the thread!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  2. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

You use the built-in game table
    Code:
    	<Table name="Building_BuildingClassYieldChanges">
    		<Column name="BuildingType" type="text" reference="Buildings(Type)"/>
    		<Column name="BuildingClassType" type="text" reference="BuildingClasses(Type)"/>
    		<Column name="YieldType" type="integer" reference="Yields(Type)"/>
    		<Column name="YieldChange" type="integer" default="0"/>
    	</Table>
    This is how Nicewanchstein Castle adds the direct yield-effects to Castles (or was it walls?).

Column "BuildingClassType" determines the Class of Buildings that are given the Yield Change as a result of the Wonder being completed. The effects are permanent so long as the player controls the Wonder, and are implemented on both existing completed buildings and future buildings constructed that belong to the specified BuildingClass.

TheOneHitPupper likes this.