1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Some awesome units in the Unit Creation forum

Discussion in 'Civ4 - European Middle Ages Mod' started by Craig_Sutter, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

There's are large number of national units being created by Darnell (sic) posted recently to this forum... some may be of great use, on a quick glance (even if not for the exact use and civ that the maker intended)...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=173

2. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

They would be great for ethnic units in this mod.:p

3. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

Head Serf, if it is not that hard, would you mind adding some of the awsome new unit graphics that have been created lately. I've read Rabbit,Whites unit adding tutorial and unit graphic adding isnt that hard but I have no clue how to do it.

4. Head Serf

Head Serf Emperor

The problem with making ethnic units for each civ is the file size and the huge number of civilizations, along with the civilopedia looking kind of strange with regards to several entries for each unit. Even if we included them just for a few civilizations, it would increase the file size a good 5 MB per civ I imagine.

5. Drtad

Drtad It Stinks!!!

Perhaps you could just have a different ethnic unit for each culture? Like European, African (Moors maybe?), Arab/Turkish, and maybe Steppe for the Tatars and Mongoloid peoples.

6. Ajidica

skip ethnic units. mabye add a few middle east ones but keep the ones we have the same. i ment updating existing graphics to better graphics.

7. Head Serf

Head Serf Emperor

The new version has been released, although I didn't include very many new units, pretty much just the new Tys'atsky.

8. Ajidica

Head serf, if your interested, i could learn how to put new graphics into the mod and update unit graphics if your busy with other things.

9. Ajidica

Okay, im trying to change swordsman graphic to norman one made by bernie14. i modified the artdefines and all others needed. whats going wrong?

10. Ajidica

i fixed it, using wrong folder name. anyone know where i can get winrar to use some of the units made by danrell?

11. Swodhawk

Swodhawk Chieftain