Some BTS feedback balance the negative

Hehe I had wanted that ever since Civ4 first came out. Ida been willing to buy an expansion back which was just an editor but with basic modeling tools for new units, buildings etc. A 'plug and play' editor for the non-programmers among us.

Your post brings up an interesting point. I think Firaxis has missed opportunities for additional profit centers for CivIV. I started my Civ experience with CivII and eagerly bought its Strategy Guide. I did the same for CivIII. Each cost an additional $19.99 IIRC. I would also pay an additional amount for a good editor. Making the game better and making it more interesting while, at the same time, adding revenue doesn't have to stop at the point of original sale. Nor does the territory have to be ceded to modders who do it for free. IMHO, Firaxis has left a lot of revenue on the table by not creating add-ons to the CivIV experience.

I make this point not as criticism; rather to show that additional work to make the game better and bug free does not have to done without continuing revenues. From its beginning, Civ has been a franchise and there are plenty of ways to make additional monies from such a strong franchise. With a little more creativity on Firaxis' part, there wouldn't be as much pressure to move on to the next project since CivIV/BtS would continue to generate revenues.

In any event, I'll say what I've said a number of times before. CivIV/BtS is a great game, worth every penny and it's given me many hours of enjoyment.

Top Bottom