Some bugs/stuff i've come across, and some praise to the Mod and modders

Carloshooter

Chieftain
Hi I'm currently playing in 15/3 update so I don't really know if some have been fixed or are just a mechanic in the game that I don't understand.

So first of all I would like to know why some random cities of some other civs in my knew campaign are getting turned into city states which is the case with 2 cities from Sweden. If you want some screenshots I can put them here. They just turned city states, NEW city states with the original Swedish names, no war or anything neither conquered by some other city state they just turned full new city states in my game. One city turned into a cultured and the other into something else... I added 2 more in the beginning of the game and maybe they were not created and the game just turned 2 random citys in city states I suppose, that's my thought on this.

Then it started to get even weirder after the first 3 cities founded by the Ottomans, the next ones started to appear with no city names whatsoever then when they were conquered they would get a name of a city from the Civ who would conquer it first, if they would be conquered by a citystate they would be named a random civ city name not in my current campaign.

I'm writting with the intent of helping out, I just love this mod that made me continue playing Civ when the stupid AI in vanilla started getting in my nerves. I'm playing this mod for over 3 years now and I can't get enough of it!
Love your dedication to the project and your patient with some of the community (1 or 2 people, the others are badasses :thumbsup:) that seem to write to you like they are entitled to have the mod the way they want or wanting you to apparently work this mod till you exaust like you have nothing better to do in real life, and can't grasp the concept that it is hard and takes time to write code and you are not supported financially for the time you spend working the mod. I think we as a community should all from time to time acknowledge and praise the modders.
Thank you for continuing to work the mod and of course the rest of the community for hanging around and helping with the development

Last edited:
Whilst I can't help you regarding your glitch, I would like to take the opportunity to second your praise of the modders and all the work they do. Like you I'm a casual player and even though I try a little to understand the mechanics of the game I'm nowhere near the level the modders are! They are world builders in my eyes!

Hi I'm currently playing in 15/3 update so I don't really know if some have been fixed or are just a mechanic in the game that I don't understand.

So first of all I would like to know why some random cities of some other civs in my knew campaign are getting turned into city states which is the case with 2 cities from Sweden. If you want some screenshots I can put them here. They just turned city states, NEW city states with the original Swedish names, no war or anything neither conquered by some other city state they just turned full new city states in my game. One city turned into a cultured and the other into something else... I added 2 more in the beginning of the game and maybe they were not created and the game just turned 2 random citys in city states I suppose, that's my thought on this.
This is the rebellion mechanic, if a leader's approval rate [global happiness] is less than 34% for 10 turns one of their cities rebels and either joins another civ or become an independent city state.

Then it started to get even weirder after the first 3 cities founded by the Ottomans, the next ones started to appear with no city names whatsoever then when they were conquered they would get a name of a city from the Civ who would conquer it first, if they would be conquered by a citystate they would be named a random civ city name not in my current campaign.

I saw this bug a couple of times actually but i thought it's just me since pretty much no one else talked about it and it's not a big deal anyway.

This is the rebellion mechanic, if a leader's approval rate [global happiness] is less than 34% for 10 turns one of their cities rebels and either joins another civ or become an independent city state.
I figured ahah Thanks! The thing that made me think was a bug is that when you click the cultured city state it says, in the tooltip that opens, Bratislava when the name that appears in map mode is the swedish city. The other city state exactly the same thing, in the map shows the name of the swedish city and when you click it for the tooltip it shows Budapeste a militaristic city state which it turned to ahah Awkward XD

The "no city name" bug was fixed in the latest version.

I saw this bug a couple of times actually but i thought it's just me since pretty much no one else talked about it and it's not a big deal anyway.
i got this bug too, but like you i thought it was just me that messed something or a conflict not this mod so never mentioned it haha.

Top Bottom