1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Some hobbyist civ-like game development

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Sites' started by Doidel, May 25, 2016.

1. Doidel

Doidel Chieftain

Hello all :)

EDIT: Uploaded a game build, check last post!

In my spare time I develop a little civ-like system, without too much focus or time spent, but I like they way it's going. After more than 3 months (of spare time) spent I feel like it can't hurt sharing a sneak-peek here ^^

(Attention: Sound is very low)

Link to video.

Please don't hack on me, and remember it's really just bare bones and has barely no content yet :p

Maybe I'll post an update here every few months, we'll see. At the moment simply see it as my way of expressing my little civ fanatism ^^

Have a nice day all
    Doidel

2. qwerty25

qwerty25 Chieftain

Looks pretty cool. What kind of framework are you using for the hexes in unity? Or did you create it yourself?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

3. Doidel

Doidel Chieftain

4. Doidel

Doidel Chieftain

Hey there Civ-fans

I've continuously worked on the game in my spare time, and right now I'm working on the technology tree. This game design part is crucial for the game, so let me shout out here in case someone has always wanted to work on a technology tree and things you can discover, or simply if you're interested in a discussion :)
    Primarily it's about technologies up to the invention of the wheel, mainly because this first phase of settlement is about playing with a single village. Expansion and other modern-age stuff (;)) comes after that.
    Someone else on the forum coincidentally perfectly described a while ago what that first phase is actually all about:
    Leave me a message if you're interested!

5. Doidel

Doidel Chieftain

I made a first draft of some research tree. Please see for yourself here (download, unzip, start game, click science sign on the top left to open the tech tree. The tech features inside the tech items have tooltips.). It would be great if you could share your ideas, stuff that make little sense to you or anything you'd like to see in there!
    Some technologies still have a question mark if you hover over them, that's where I've had no ideas yet what the gain of these techs are.

EDIT: Had the wrong link to an old version x/ Updated it now

6. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Looks very cool :)

7. Fullerene

Fullerene Chieftain

I checked out the demo and the tech tree looks cool indeed.

I'm very interest about projects like this since I'm also working on Unity build Civ clone game:My Youtube channel
    Latest screens:http://imgur.com/a/BKQVS

Maybe there's some possibility for collaboration? Your work looks awesome.

8. Doidel

Doidel Chieftain

hey, thanks you two! Yeah I'm still working on it every now and then :) Fullerene, I sent you a pm!

9. Doidel

Doidel Chieftain

Hey guys

I uploaded a second video about the civ-like system I work on in my spare time:

Link to video.

I can't recall all the things I added since the last video, but I guess some of the more prominent features are:
    • Infinite procedural world generation
    • Fog and player view logic
    • Tech tree, with two researchable techs
    • Wild wolves
    • Very basic combat system