Some Ideas (not sure how feasible)

crazyrazor

Chieftain
Hi, i've been playing civ 5 for a bit now, nothing to brag about but i'm currently delving into the deity level (getting ass handed to me)

Got some general ideas as feed back of a newish player to the game (myself):

1. Pick your race in game instead of beforehand

Why the hell do they need to hype those damn civilizations that are mostly useless (or situational useful, however u prefer) right at the beginning of the game... just have it come up as a prompt during the game like all the other choices u make (religion, policy, etc.).

I think this would really let some of the more obscure ones shine, as well as add another choice element to the game.
Not really sure of the timing on this but it would need to be done within the first few turns of the game, like picked by all players in turn order on turn 0, or once u found ur first city, or once it reaches 2 population or some thing like that. Maybe a ballot system where u submit your top 3 picks. Haven't really thought that far ahead but this seems to me like all upside.

2. Pick the tile you want to expand by way of culture

I mean seriously that city is going to get another useless desert tile before it opts for those awesome strategic resources i just uncovered (i think i had petra so not so bad)

Why cant i choose the tile i want the city to expand to the same way i choose what tiles my minions are working? Aren't i in command of this crappy city... guess not.
I don't know maybe im just spoiled but when u start making a game of decisions where do u put the line of what should or should not be up to the player or left "semi-random", and whos to say that line was drawn correctly...

well my two cents so far, lets see what you guys have to say on this madness.

You can buy tiles...

As for the first point, not gonna touch that one as I don't have the time or energy, but I eagerly await a response from someone else.

sweet thanks a lot... dont have any mod currently but that is one id try out

very subtle advantage there, or perhaps even disadvantage if u do it wrong :)

Top Bottom