some info on MP

Flay

Prince
We started a MP game with 3 Human 2 days ago the spec:
Archipelagos, 9 civ total at start (the map size that give 9 civ as standar).
Barbs all on.
Ruthless AI, Rev on.

The game didn't play without OOS, much more than the game we did the day before, but we manage to arrive in about 500 BC, than stop to continue yesterday.

SO what a surprise, with massive wars going on, city capturing both way, AI turns taking now about 30 seconds, NOT ONE SINGLE OOS we stop the game about 500 AD, to try to get some sleep after several "just one more turn".

between 500 BC and 500 AD, it as been several revolution, many civ (human and AI) went to war, lose and conquer city.
There is oabout 20 civ from 50 to close to 1000 point.
The best civ are 2 AI with 9xx and 7xx point.

we start the game with different difficultys per HUman Players but no flexible difficulty:
Emperor
Prince
Noble

That's very good news! :goodjob:
Hopefully OOS or other CTDs won't happen before the end of the game. So the only thing you need to do for MP to work is to follow Elvince's advice?

That is:
- make sure that your mates have the exact same mod folder as you, so distribute your own, and don't let everyone install on their own.
- when installing AND make sure to install the MP version
- every should delete their BTS folder in mygames (profile...)

Is this all?

I am not sure:
We continue the day afterthe same game so dy 3, and than OOS almost at once and quite often, playable but why did day 2 was OOS free, with a LOT OF battle going on and Revolution ect . . .

I can confirm this worked brilliantly on a multiplayer game using the following settings;

3 x human players (Prince) 5 x AI.
RoM_PerfectWorld2 map script on a standard map. Cylindrical Map.

City flipping after Conquest
Aggressive AI
No Tech Trading
No Tech Brokering
Rising Seas
Rev Mod
Inquisitions
Barbarian Civ Mod
Tech Diffusion
Dynamic Civ Names
Multiple Production
Multiple Research
Usable Mountains
Revolutions Exposed
Surround and Destroy
Advanced Diplomacy
Unlimited Wonders
Barbarian Generals
Assimilation
Ruthless AI

We played solid through until about 400BC without any OOS messages. We will probably reload the game tomorrow so I should be able to give more feedback then.

Thanks Flay.

We will start a game today 4 Human + 5 AI.

I think we will try planett gen, but still with 1.73 beta.

Hi,

dont know, if this is the right place, but can anyone give me an alternative link to AnD 1.64, because the installer (exe) on sourceforge doesnt work and gives an error out.
Would really love to play RoM 1.81 and AnD 1.64 together.

I read that it works only with thoses versions in MP...

So help would be very apretiated... Thanx in Advance...
BaalRoG

ROM 2.90 + A new Dawn 1.73 is allso fine, well, there is OOS still but playable.

ROM 2.90 + A new Dawn 1.73 is allso fine, well, there is OOS still but playable.

Have you also reached modern era in your MP game? Or have you actually finished a MP game? Usually OOS get worse the more you advance toward the modern era...

more civ, more OOS, more units, more OOS, more wars, more OOS . . .

Top Bottom