1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Some interesting stats about CivBE players

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by thecrazyscot, May 11, 2015.

1. Mutineer

Mutineer Deity

One more interesting stat:

why Civ 5 strategy forum still have about 10 active treads every day, In CBE one tread became active in averega one's in 3 days and No new Treads were creating in last mounth.

2. Olleus

Olleus Deity

Less than 40% of players have won a game. That says a lot.

3. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

A fan-run forum is not the definition of game popularity you think it is, sorry :p

4. Gort

Gort Emperor

Yeah, you'd want a hard metric like, "Beyond Earth has 7% of the players of Civ 5" if you wanted to gauge popularity properly.

5. iki

iki Warlord

Not that surprising given how many times I've re rolled games due to lack of x or y resources.

6. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

It's not looking at how many games have been finished, but at how many people have won a game at least once.

7. iki

iki Warlord

Oh okay then disregard.

I guess that figure would be larger then.

8. Mutineer

Mutineer Deity

I agree, it is not criteria of popularity of the game, but it is criteria of how mach game catter for it's funs.

For example http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum

Forum for dominion 4 has in average 10 active treads per day, like civ 5, but probably 0.1% of sold game compare to CBE.

9. Acken

Acken Deity

Well it's an accumulation of indicators that point toward CivBE player base being approximately 1/10 - 1/8 of Civ5. Steam numbers and numbers of forums thread and viewers point toward this.

But that doesn't mean much in terms of whether or not the game is good (popularity is never a good indicator of quality). Just that it's not very surprising to have less threads about civBE as a result.

The competitive scene is totally empty for CivBE though (MP, no Gotm, no HoF, no "Apollo challenges") and I'd argue that has a direct impact on the number of threads on CFC. Hard to discuss strategies when very few people even care about them.