Some issues with ROMAND/Chronicles/Realism Invictus

quasarsphere

Chieftain
Hallo :)
So, I'm able to play Civ 4 once again, after a few years away. The mods that I'm most keen to play are Rise Of Mankind: A New Dawn, Chronicles of Mankind, and Realism Invictus.

One issue I've had with all three would not be a problem for most Civ players, but is for me. See, I like to rename my civ, but these mods won't let me. I start as the Dutch (or whatever, but I really do like the Dutch) and at the start change the civ name to Crayonvania (I like crap jokes, sue me!) but when the game starts, I'm back to being the Dutch!

This is not a serious issue, has no effect whatsoever on gameplay, but does rather interfere with the story I'm telling in my head as I play the game, if that makes sense.

Another issue I'm having with Chronicles - and I don't know if this is a problem with the mod or just me not knowing how to play it - is, once I found my capital city, nothing happens at all. It takes forever for my city to start being able to build anything. No buildings, no military, nothing. Also, population and culture grow at ridiculously slow speeds. I'm guessing there's something I need to do that I'm not doing, but I have no idea what that might be.

Also, in Chronicles, the warriors I get at the start of the game have an annoying tendency to disappear. They don't get attacked, they just stop existing. Then the barbarians come along, and wipe me out because my city can't produce any units.

I think I need to relearn quite a lot of stuff. Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated. :)

You can always rename your civ in an ongoing game through "Your details" in the game menu. In case of RI, you'll probably want to use the custom game option to turn off dynamic civ names though, or be prepared to rename each time you change civics.

Another issue I'm having with Chronicles - and I don't know if this is a problem with the mod or just me not knowing how to play it - is, once I found my capital city, nothing happens at all. It takes forever for my city to start being able to build anything. No buildings, no military, nothing. Also, population and culture grow at ridiculously slow speeds. I'm guessing there's something I need to do that I'm not doing, but I have no idea what that might be
Can you post a save file when you start a new game? I'd like to look at it when I have some time. Thanks.

Also, in Chronicles, the warriors I get at the start of the game have an annoying tendency to disappear. They don't get attacked, they just stop existing. Then the barbarians come along, and wipe me out because my city can't produce any units
Do you have Movement Limit and/or Terrain Damage on? Those will damage your units and they disappear without warning. Hover you mouse over tiles. Some should say: X% damage per turn.

Can you post a save file when you start a new game? I'd like to look at it when I have some time. Thanks.

Do you have Movement Limit and/or Terrain Damage on? Those will damage your units and they disappear without warning. Hover you mouse over tiles. Some should say: X% damage per turn.
You really should implement some sort of in game warning once units start taking damage. Like a little red message on screen.

You really should implement some sort of in game warning once units start taking damage. Like a little red message on screen.
Believe me, I would if I could. But that's far beyond my reach. I'm just a modder not a programmer.

Believe me, I would if I could. But that's far beyond my reach. I'm just a modder not a programmer.
Isn't there like a function in the DLL to print a message in the alerts menu?

This, for example, shows the "your Farm has been destroyed by a marauding Barbarian Warrior" message.
I knew I could count on you :)
Maybe I will try to solve the thing when I'll have time and motivation for it. Than I'll contact you for further help, if you don't mind.

Top Bottom