Some Minor Discoveries

I have managed to get my Windows laptop running with an external monitor, which give me access to a lot of the files that I have modified. With respect to the Armed Transport, I have it running in a modified WW2 Pacific scenario, so I will see about adding it to a more regular .biq file. I am more than a bit of a newbie at adding units, as I normally work on a Mac, with for a long time, no editor. All Hail to Quintillus.

1. After running a lot of tests with Elite Units beating Barbarians, and lots of naval combat, it would appear that the only way to get Leader units from Elite victories is to defeat one on the AI units. I am in a knock-down, drag-out war with Germany and India in a modified PTW game, with me as Greek. I have gotten three Leader units so far, one converted into an Army, one on standby, and one got killed the AI turn before I could get him to a less-exposed location. Note, I do have Heroic Epic, the Military Academy, and the Pentagon, along with Sun Tzu's Art of War, all set to increase the chances of Leaders appearing. I do not think those are additive, but the Greeks are not Militaristic.

2. I found the file where I had set up some non-AI civilizations, in the sense that they were civilizations in the game but not set as playable. I need to go back and spend some time looking at the file, but I have one set for Rome, with Rome not being one of the civilizations playable in the game. I probably need to run it under Debug, but the AI is using the units effectively against me, just not sure if it is building additional units or not.

3. I also found the file where I had set up a Pirate Civilization using the Test of Time mod. Basically, I took one of the civilizations in the mod, and set it up on a bunch of one-tile islands with some units and pre-positioned ships, but without the ability to produce Settlers. It worked okay, with the Pirates busily raiding elsewhere, and based on the SAV, capturing at least one city from the AI that I can see. Each island has one resource, such as Iron, Saltpeter, Coal, etc. and the AI is using that to build ships. I have enhanced the productivity of the Coast, Sea, and Ocean squares along with adding Sperm and Right Whales with added Shields to the game to give the AI enough production. I think that for a Conquest Game, I might make them the Vikings, so that the AI does not have to worry about cities being attacked until Marines arrive on the scene.

Top Bottom