1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Some questions about the CvGameCore.dll

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by cpt.tripps.2012, Oct 24, 2012.

1. cpt.tripps.2012

cpt.tripps.2012 Chieftain

So I noticed there are two copies of the CvGameCore.dll in STM. One in SDK folder that is 12.8k (which I'm guessing is not used) and one in the assets folder that is 4.8k .

So my questions are:

1) Is the code in the SDK folder what you compiled the dll from?
    2) Would it be possible to get a list of the changes you made to the dll?

I know it has been a while since you looked at this stuff, but I would appreciate the info. Thanks.

2. deanej

deanej Chieftain

The DLL in the SDK folder is the debug DLL. Those files are indeed the ones the DLLs were compiled from, at least the ones that were changed from BtS.

I don't have a full list as such. All the changes are commented in some form - originally I had a convention of using // Star Trek - change, but later merges discarded this in favor of the original commenting for that code. The changelog file in the download lists all those mergers though.

3. cpt.tripps.2012

Thanks.

Another thing I was hoping you could help me with (I think it might be related to the dll, if not then the python code) is I added Bik movies for the transcendence victory projects and for some reason they wont play. I'm guessing they are disabled somewhere (like the dawn of man video and others are) and I was wondering if maybe you could point me in the right direction of adding them back in.

Cheers.

4. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Not sure if you used XML or python so I'll give advice for both:
    -XML: BtS changed it (not sure if on release or in a patch) so the dawn of man video doesn't play in mods; if there's anything else, it would be in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml.
    -Python: Some python callbacks are disabled in the PythonCallbackDefines.xml (or something with a similar name) file; I recommend using XML for the movies if you can, though.

5. cpt.tripps.2012

Thanks. That should do it.