1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

some questions of which i didnt know where to ask

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by spiceant, Nov 24, 2005.

1. spiceant

spiceant Warlord

1. where do i find a program to make interactive pictures (mouseover something changes the whole picture to for example another one).
    ideally i want to make an interactive tech tree that is low on kb's and creates a dreaded network of arrows (which displays in which order the GP will research techs) when you mouseover the icon of a great person

2. where do i upload files like the interactive picture above or just plain jpg's. (preferably directly linking the jpgs) for postage in the startegy article section.

3. what format do i do normal pictures on? jpeg seems to be quite small enough in kb's.

made an edit to display a post furher down (kind of double post):
    iv made 6 jpg's files worth 2.8 MB which display 6 tech trees
    the first tech tree shows which techs can be discovered by which kind of great person
    the other 5 tech trees show in which order the great people will discover their techs
    now how would i manage to post this in the article section and be capable of keeping the red X's away for atleast 60 days?

2. The Great Apple

The Great Apple Big Cheese

1: Don't know myself
    2: Press manage attachments under "Additonal Options" when making a new post. There is also an upload file option right at the bottom for big files (over 500KB)
    3. jpegs are probably best, as they are small, get displayed automatically in browsers, and their quality is not much worse than other formats.

3. spiceant

spiceant Warlord

does someone know how to do 1. ?

4. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

maybe with Java?? probably need to have some programming skills for that.

5. AsnoT

AsnoT Mostly Civilized

mouseover effects on websites are generally done with javascript - which you can't use in the forum unfortunately.
    another possibility would be flash - but that (swf) is not an allowed format to upload.
    (Valid file extensions: bmp civ4replay civ4savedgame doc dpy gif jpe jpeg jpg net pcx pdf png sav txt zip)

in short, i don't think you can do mouseovers on the forum :(

6. spiceant

spiceant Warlord

iv made 6 jpg's files worth 2.8 MB which display 6 tech trees
    the first tech tree shows which techs can be discovered by which kind of great person
    the other 5 tech trees show in which order the great people will discover their techs
    now how would i manage to post this in the article section and be capable of keeping the red X's away for atleast 60 days?