Some questions.

Mutineer

Deity
I just got it form steam sale and after 160 tuns first game I have some questions,
1) how price of tech calculated, does it depends on Number of tech one known?
2) Is go up affinity ladder the only way to win and to improve one's military? I seems do not see any other way.
3) Does it mean That I have to run up affinity tree as fast as possible?
4) What connecting cities by road does? It say I connected, but I did not noticed any effect on city production.

1) Cost goes up 5% per additional city founded. You can reduce this penalty with the knowledge virtue tree, but that tree is rather weak otherwise.

2) Yes, this is the only way. Additionally some virtue techs unlock new units.

3) With the exception of contact, raising virtue level faster will accelerate victory. It's also necessary to keep some level of parity with the AI so they don't have much stronger units.

4) Road connection will increase your energy per turn by an amount that depends on city size. You need a magrail connection to get a production bonus.

I just got it form steam sale and after 160 tuns first game I have some questions,
2) Is go up affinity ladder the only way to win and to improve one's military? I seems do not see any other way.
4) What connecting cities by road does? It say I connected, but I did not noticed any effect on city production.

1) base cost, +5% for number of cities. Number of techs is irrelevant.
2) yes
3) no, but don't dawdle,
4) "Connected" cities give +1 energy per citizen. But roads cost 1 energy per tile, while connections can go over water. So you may not need them and they can be expensive. Magrail connections give +20% production.

I wouldn't analyze road benefits merely in terms of energy. They can be quite a boon for your military if you are invaded.

4) "Connected" cities give +1 energy per citizen. But roads cost 1 energy per tile, while connections can go over water. So you may not need them and they can be expensive.

Level 3 Supremacy, problem solved as to expense and obtaining Level 3 is cake.

Obtaining supremacy level 3 eventually is easy. But if you aren't going for a supremacy victory it takes investment to get it early.

1) 5% per city (3% with knowledge)
2)YES
3)YES (well, in the sense that costly detours will never accelerate your game)
4)Money from roads, magrails give also a production boost like railroad in civ5

Not to be nitpick-y, but if the same formula for CiV was kept, the yield for city connections depends both on the connected city's population and the capital's - IIRC, it's $0.85 for each pop in the connected city and $0.15 for each pop in the capital. So while relying solely on the city-to-be-connected's pop to weigh the benefit of the road is good as a general rule, really tall capitals can pay for roads to even 1-pop cities.

Not to be nitpick-y, but if the same formula for CiV was kept, the yield for city connections depends both on the connected city's population and the capital's - IIRC, it's $0.85 for each pop in the connected city and $0.15 for each pop in the capital. So while relying solely on the city-to-be-connected's pop to weigh the benefit of the road is good as a general rule, really tall capitals can pay for roads to even 1-pop cities.

Are you sure it is the same formula? I thought it was changes to one energy per pop in the non-capital city.

Top Bottom