Some Random Idea that I had for a Future Civ Game

legoguy3632

Chieftain
What if they made the tiles "smaller"? I mean like if each tile represented a smaller amount of land, so a city would have a radius of 9 or so tiles rather than 3. The city center would only take up one, as would units. They could also limit the number of buildings in each district so you had to build more than one of each if you wanted to have a library, university, and research lab, or wanted to have both an art and archaeological museum. The other thing that this could lead to is a general district with theming bonuses that make it into a specialized district. Specific housing buildings and the ability to build city walls as a building would make this pretty interesting in my opinion (so walls actually take up space in your city and you would want to move them out over time). The smaller tiles would also allow for navigable rivers and canals, which are something that I've always wanted in civ. Of course units would have to move faster, and some might need a higher range, but I feel that this would also make the game more tactical. I was just wondering what you guys thought about the idea.

TLDR: Small tiles, wall districts.

Top Bottom