some thoughts on middle east area and east asia

You've no idea what the A.I. had planned if it ever found a boat.

Man, that AI couldn't handle people cutting into the back of its base and killing off all its workers one by one. WC I had hideous AI.

WC2, yeah, that game had sucky AI too. AND you lost the ability to summon scorpions, water elementals, skeletons... I'ma go play WC I, that game rocked even if the AI WAS ******ed.

Ooh yeah, I agree, If, IF Rhye wants to add another civ it should be southeast asian. Either Khmer/thailand or srivijaya/indonesia(most influential SE civs). For example adding srivijaya might stop Japan from founding Nara in borneo.:confused: Also this might be another obstacle to colonial expansion to the human player(probably completely discourage the european AI from settling).

I agree that the best place for a new CIV is South East Asia, it is very bit and empty, giving both China and India tons of space in which to expand.

And Japan, which results in the phillipines never being Spanish unless you're playing as Spain and take 'em, China and block 'em or Japan and don't bother.

but there's too much jungle in s.e. asia. how will an ai deal with it? AI hates jungle and water more then anything in the world.

Apart from Japan and every civ that settles South America, I suppose?

srivijaya/indonesia(most influential SE civs). For example adding srivijaya might stop Japan from founding Nara in borneo.

I'd love to see some sort of minor civ like Srivijaya in Southeast Asia. Give Japan and Spain the right war maps and it could make for an interesting Asia-Pacific.

Depending on the time period you are aiming at to develop another SE Asia nation, the Khmer might be a good civ.

One benefit to this would be to allow China and India to have a meaningful war - I tend to see them declare but not do anything thanks to blocking jungle.

Khmer would be interesting but I think it may be preferable to have a civ that delays Japanese settlement first.

Khmer could be pushed into challenging Japanese Indonesian archipelago settlement - they're in the perfect spot to contest it!

Who is even supposed to colonize that island above Australia and below Borneo that the Japs always snag?

That 's the island of Java and the Dutch were the colonial power there, but they're not in the game. The Indonesian archipelo was colonized by the Dutch, the parts of island than aren't Indonesian were colonized by England.

Papua New Guinea was British and German. Victoria tends to build Port Moresby already.

Khmer could to some degree be representative of Indonesian peoples - they have a lot in common religiously, artistically and to some degree linguistically (Pali and Sanskrit roots)

In fact, colonising the archipelago could be one of their goals.

I asked to add in the Khmer or Thai a long time ago, when Rhye was just building his Warlordsversion. In the discution as decided not to add them. I don't think the Khmer will be added. Would be nice though, I also wanted to see the Koreans to. Most Civs in the east would be nice. Maybe we could see some buddhist and taoist states.

I asked to add in the Khmer or Thai a long time ago, when Rhye was just building his Warlordsversion. In the discution as decided not to add them. I don't think the Khmer will be added. Would be nice though, I also wanted to see the Koreans to. Most Civs in the east would be nice. Maybe we could see some buddhist and taoist states.

Hmmm...maybe the Celts under Brennus could be taken out of the game. I dont see why barbarians couldnt settle gaul and ireland, since the Celts get taken out pretty early in the game as a minor civ. We should get rid of them and put Srijava or Khmer in, since the islands are usually always uncolonized, except for Japan in the 19th-20th century.

If I can comment on Spearthrowers statemtn on the jungle, I like the fact that India and China are seperated by this jungle, it allows the AI china to ignore inflicting damage on the Indians, and it disallows the Indians oppurtunities to conquer IndoChina or southern China. In terms of historical importance this jungle is important, and I dont like the idea of China and India being able to take each other out that quickly.

I'm not commenting this matter in detail for now. All I can say is that I am busy with something else, but as soon as I'm free to work on this aspect, something will change. Could be the Khmer, could be the Dutch.

Sometimes? It happened to me every game :sad:.

Does this really affect the game? What damage can China really do sending units, which usually arent advanced and are attacked by many barbarians along the way, into India or Persia. Maybe India and Persia, or whoever you're playing as should focus on a larger armed force, or not pissing off China?

Well, it weakens China because half its army (mostly catapults) is on the way to India and not at home to defend against barbarians.
But you are right. It does not effect gameplay that much. It just looks silly.

If I can comment on Spearthrowers statemtn on the jungle, I like the fact that India and China are seperated by this jungle, it allows the AI china to ignore inflicting damage on the Indians, and it disallows the Indians oppurtunities to conquer IndoChina or southern China. In terms of historical importance this jungle is important, and I dont like the idea of China and India being able to take each other out that quickly.

The thing is that historically, Indian nations did expand out east through IndoChina. That's why all the South East Asian languages have a root in Sanskrit.

The thing is that historically, Indian nations did expand out east through IndoChina. That's why all the South East Asian languages have a root in Sanskrit.

This is true but I think it would throw too much of the game into India's camp. India founds about 6-7 on the Subcontinent alone in my games, I dont like the idea of them having Angkor, Hanoi, and Pagan also, when China only builds 4 and oddly, sometimes 5 cities.

Top Bottom