1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Some vanilla civilization in R&F, obvious or unobvious change

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by myclan, Mar 7, 2018.

1. myclan

myclan Chieftain

America:
    Founding Father effect had been changed. Not so strong in vanilla. Since spy plays a more important role in R&F, we may be using diplomacy policies more often than vanilla, still not so useful?

Arbia:
    The change of Simultaneum means very difficult to get double faith yield. Now Sci CS give their effect to Lib and Uni instead of Campus itself also means Madrasa can't provide as much as it could. Seems a great nerf for Arabia in R&F.

Brazil:
    Water Park is great for its 9 tiles effect. May save a lot of production for we need less Zoo and Stadium, but water park itself is also insanely expensive for 3 times of a normal district. For Brazil it cost only 1.5 times, so may be a small buff?

China:
    Eureka and inspiration gives 50% instead of 60%. I feel in vanilla we just research too fast to have enough production to trigger Eureka, And now I think it is a small buff.

England:
    Great nerf for no more double trade route, but maybe a small buff if we can build foreign continent harbor early as we cmay be able to get science from them.

Fracnce
    Now they have advantage in war as a small buff.

Greece
    Having +50% production of Hoplite is a really great buff.

India
    10 pop is more important where stepwell shines for increasing housing cap.

Japan
    Meiji Restoration is so good to get +3 adj bonus to get double yield.

Kongo
    Also good for early 10 pop.

Not familiar with other Civilizaiton now.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    Art Morte and liv like this.
  2. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

I agree with Japan (playing them in a game now). It's also super easy to get those "you built a really good district!" era points.

rattatatouille and myclan like this.
  3. rattatatouille

rattatatouille Chieftain

Every civ loves the Intelligence Agency, but France loves it the most.

They get their first tier 2 government right around the same time they unlock their free Spy from Castles. Since they essentially get two free Spies, and this stacks with Catherine's LA and the Intelligence Agency's spy rank buff, you can easily use said spies towards any victory type.

You can easily get +6 or even +9 Combat from a well-placed Spy which means assuming that they're fighting an enemy of equal tech level, they'll have the edge in warfare. And that's not getting into stealing research boosts or Great Works or production sabotage.

Don't forget that their Government Plazas essentially provide +2 adjacency bonuses instead of the usual +1.

Australia (though technically DLC, not vanilla ;) ) also gets a boost as they can easily get era points from building districts on Breathtaking terrain.

4. myclan

myclan Chieftain

I had just finished a game of Japan and it was just fanstatic! Era points can be acheived only once but double yield just forever amazing!

I'm still not famaliar with the +? combat now, how does it work? +3 for each level?

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  5. Katakanja

Katakanja Warlord

it's a small thing, but Arabia's Mamluks still self-heal every turn even if you're running the dark age policy that boosts combat strength in exchange for not being able to heal outside friendly territory. So they got a circumstantial buff too.

rattatatouille likes this.
  6. Mr. Shadows

Mr. Shadows Nomad of the time streams Supporter

The Govt. Plaza adjacency bonus is a buff to any civ that gets adjacency bonuses. Plus five bonuses are easily obtainable with Wilhelmina along a river. I'm sure Japan thrives on it, and it will also help Australia (although their appeal bonus was nerfed, wasn't it?) and Indonesia. The fact that there is a combat bonus for diplomatic visibility (other than Ghengis) is news to me. Does anyone know how that works?

7. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

+3 combat strength for each level of diplomatic visibility. +6, if you're the Mongols.

rattatatouille and Mr. Shadows like this.
  8. Mr. Shadows

Mr. Shadows Nomad of the time streams Supporter

Thanks... wow that really is a buff for France. All of a sudden "Listening Post" is a much more attractive espionage option.

9. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Where did the +50% production for Hoplites come from? Was the unit class changed or something?

10. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

More early wonders was a buff to China, as well, as buffing the GL.

myclan likes this.
  11. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

Agoge now gives production towards anti-cavalry units. I'm assuming that's what the OP meant.

rattatatouille and Morningcalm like this.
  12. myclan

myclan Chieftain

Especially apadana I think

13. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Chieftain

Rome free monument means immediate loyalty boost in built/conquered cities.

14. Trengilly

Trengilly Chieftain

Plus the early culture means they typically get to start using governors sooner than other civs.

Oooh now I'm totally excited to play Arabia and have a dark age Renaissance war! Mamluks conquer the world!