something I found in MAD

ULTIMATEGP

Blitzkrieg!!!
a little jokey refrence to the unreliability of wikipediea I found in MAD magazine

"On December 7,1941, President Abraham Lincoln was killed by assasin James Earl Ray, a tragedy that stunned a nation still recovering from the ravages of the revolutionary war. Perched from the window of a nearby book depository, Ray shot Linoln as he and his wife,Hillary,entered Ford Theater for the Washington premiere of Cats. Lincoln supporters know as Lincoln Logs reacted with outrage culminating in the Boston Tea Party,the los angles riots and the nationaly televised shooting of Ray himslef as he was being led to prision. Lincol's vice president Lyndon The gipper johnson was quicly sworn in after Lincoln's death,ably leading America through the Great Depression,the Korean War and the Dot-Com Boom.

I'm sorry, but that made no sense at all. :crazyeye:

Tycoon101 said:
I'm sorry, but that made no sense at all. :crazyeye:

Thats the point wikipedia is very unreliable because anybody can edit it so this is MAD stab at a jokey example.

Did they actually find this written somewhere on Wikipedia, and if so how long was it there before a member of the staff corrected it?

(Are you sure they werren't reading Uncyclopedia instead?) ;)

Yuri2356 said:
Did they actually find this written somewhere on Wikipedia, and if so how long was it there before a member of the staff corrected it?

(Are you sure they werren't reading Uncyclopedia instead?) ;)

It was a MAD article making fun of wikipedia. And didn't they do a study on wikipedia showing that the rate of errors is hardly any higher than normal encyclopedias?

PrinceScamp said:
I knew my textbook was right!

Hadrean said:
Ha! I knew my history teacher was wrong!

:lol:

Edit:

tomsnowman123 said:
It was a MAD article making fun of wikipedia. And didn't they do a study on wikipedia showing that the rate of errors is hardly any higher than normal encyclopedias?
Yes, they have found that wikipedia is as accurate or more accurate than other scientific sources.

Top Bottom